[Updated] Sprint and HTC Officially Announce the HTC EVO One

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC-EVO-4G-LTE-Front.jpg

Update/Correction: It appears that the name will not actually be the HTC EVO One as reported earlier. The actual name of the device will simply be the HTC EVO 4G LTE.

It looks like some of the rumors were true, and some weren't. Also, the pics were accurate. Here is the official release of the newest flagship phone on Sprint, the HTC EVO One (based upon the HTC One X core, with some aesthetic changes and a few feature improvements). Here's a final spec tally followed by the press release:
  • 4.7-inch 1280 x 720 pixel Super LCD display
  • 4G LTE
  • 8 megapixel rear camera and 1.3 megapixel front camera with a bright, f/2.0 aperture lens and backlit illuminated sensor for superior low light capabilities
  • Beats Audio integration
  • Qualcomm's dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor 1.5GHz
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 16GB of internal storage
  • The first smartphone in Sprint's lineup to support the carrier's new HD Voice service that promises to offer fuller, richer sounding voice calls with diminished background noise
  • Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with HTC's new Sense 4.0 interface
  • Advanced camera interface that allows users to take full resolution pictures while recording full 1080p video
  • microSD card slot
  • 2000mAh non-removable battery
The EVO One will be available for pre-order on May 7 for $199.99. While the battery size is a bit smaller than the rumors, and the looks are a bit polarizing, the specs are over-all pretty beastly! What say you guys? Worth wishing for a Verizon version?

HTC-EVO-4G-LTE-Kickstand.jpg
HTC-EVO-4G-LTE-Side-with-Camera-Button.jpg

Source: Sprint and HTC EVO One Full Press Release

Last edited:

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
i want the real version, you know the one with the quad core processor? Why do we in the US miss out on some of the best phones??? (i.e. razr/razr maxx developer version with unlockable bootloader and the real htc one x)

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
OMG

I cannot believe they're calling it the HTC EVO 4G LTE.
I was calling it that weeks ago (in addition with the 3D, ONE, Beats). JOKINGLY!

What is with Sprint and naming their phones? I remember when my older brother got their GS2 variant. Sent me a txt saying he got the "Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G".

Just call it the EVO X. It's a hell of a lot better.

npro1464

Reaction score
Yeah that's fugly. I don't know why carriers want to change up the design. The One looked beautiful the way it was! Leave it the heck alone!!

acousticshade

Reaction score
This seems like it might as well be a big rezound on sprint.

+1 yup. With the 1900 mah battery and the ICS upgrade, the specs look pretty close, although this phone is thinner and has a kickstand and will probably cost $150 more, lol.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
This seems like it might as well be a big rezound on sprint.

Meh....Not so much. The S4 is far better vs the S3 found in the rezound... The adreno 225 is far better vs the 220. Its going to be a major boost up in performance. This is what i wish the rezound was when it came out minus the 4.7 inch screen.

I wonder if it has the S-LCD 2 or not....

armeddroid

Reaction score
From what HTC told me via their twitter, they stated that the One S is the variant coming to Verizon.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ANDR0lD

Reaction score
From what HTC told me via their twitter, they stated that the One S is the variant coming to Verizon.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

They sucks

Sent from my Zeus 'Bolt via Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

acousticshade

Reaction score
Meh....Not so much. The S4 is far better vs the S3 found in the rezound... The adreno 225 is far better vs the 220. Its going to be a major boost up in performance. This is what i wish the rezound was when it came out minus the 4.7 inch screen.

I wonder if it has the S-LCD 2 or not....

Aha, I stand corrected, at least on the processor speed front.

AnandTech - Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (Krait) Performance Preview - 1.5 GHz MSM8960 MDP and Adreno 225 Benchmarks

I doubt there were specs close to this when the Rezound came out though - that was 5 months ago.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Aha, I stand corrected, at least on the processor speed front.

AnandTech - Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (Krait) Performance Preview - 1.5 GHz MSM8960 MDP and Adreno 225 Benchmarks

I doubt there were specs close to this when the Rezound came out though - that was 5 months ago.

There were.... Trust me, I was super excited about the Rezound(exactly the same benches...just on a different site). Seemed like I was the only one. Check out the first couple posts in the Rezound forum. :biggrin:

The Rezounds a GREAT phone(I had one! I stick with it original name!). Dont get me wrong. Every bit as good as the Nexus. I just liked the screen on the Nexus better. Right now I wish I had the Rezound. Atleast id have great 4G compared to the Nexus. :mad: Im just to invested in the Nexus now to change.(batteries, cases, ect...)

loki993

Reaction score
i want the real version, you know the one with the quad core processor? Why do we in the US miss out on some of the best phones??? (i.e. razr/razr maxx developer version with unlockable bootloader and the real htc one x)

You do realize that this phone actually outperforms the quad core version right?