HTC EVO 3D, EVO View 4G specs revealed ahead of Sprint's CTIA announce?

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
HTC EVO 3D, EVO View 4G specs revealed ahead of Sprint's CTIA announce?

Sprint-HTC-EVO-3D-cell-phone.jpg

Today at CTIA the EVO 3D and EVO View 4G tablet was announced. On the EVO 3D side, looks like it is a great EVO 4G successor with these Specs for the EVO 3D Slide:

• 1.2GHz Qualcomm MSM8660 processor.
  • 4.3-inch glasses-free 3D 960 x 540 display with qHD.
  • 1GB of RAM.
  • 1080p video out.
  • 1.3 megapixel camera up front, and -- of course -- dual 5 megapixel cameras around back for stereoscopic capture.
There is a rumor that it will come with Gingerbread at launch along with 3D versions of the Blockbuster and YouTube apps to make sure users have plenty of 3D content out of the gate; that tidbit seems particularly believable considering that YouTube introduced high-quality mobile playback on the EVO 4G last year. This is one to watch out for In my Opinion This should of been The Verizon Thunderbolt!!!

The EVO View 4G, it's shaping up to be a CDMA / WiMAX remix of the HTC Flyer. The HTC EVO View 4G, on the other hand, is ready for some action.

Some Spec:

• 7-inch 1024 x 600 capacitive touchscreen.
  • 1.5 GHz single-core Snapdragon processor.
  • 1.3MP front-facing camera, and a 5MP rear-facing camera.
  • True 4G connectivity and can be used as a 3G/4G hotspot for up to eight WiFi-connected devices.
  • DLNA support allows for media streaming to your HDTV or other compatible devices.
  • The device also features 32GB of internal memory, 1GB RAM, a microSD slot, WiFi, Bluetooth, and integrated GPS.
Running a handset version of Android, likely 2.3 Gingerbread, with the latest version of HTC Sense running on top. However, the final release version should be upgradeable to Android 3.0 Honeycomb.

Source:Engadget

[video=youtube;LAjB6mR_6YQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAjB6mR_6YQ&feature=feedu[/url] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UAOP4_Suoc[/video]

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Another nice device going to another carrier grrrrrrrrrr

Droid--->ether--->this thread

Bxrider117

Reaction score
As a loyal VZW Customer, I feel like all the other carriers are stepping their Android game up and we are stuck to choose between last years specs or an Apple product. I hope we get some dual core, front facing camera, 3D action soon.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As a loyal VZW Customer, I feel like all the other carriers are stepping their Android game up and we are stuck to choose between last years specs or an Apple product. I hope we get some dual core, front facing camera, 3D action soon.

Exactly.... either buy Apple or last year's Android tech....

3D doesn't matter (or even impress me) but I want dual core, and not the Bionic.... however I don't think VZW will be seeing much of it this Spring or Summer.... LG's device is single core, the TB is single core, Samsung Stealth (although still not confirmed) is single core....
They'll release all these soon-to-be dual core devices after they've had a 6-12mos life cycle on other carriers.

grrr :icon_evil:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Another nice device going to another carrier grrrrrrrrrr

In My Opinion The EVO 3D should of Been The Thunderbolt. Then it would of been worth getting over The Bionic...
Well you do know the EVO 3D will probably be the Thunderbolt 2 released next year : )

I made a joke in the mod forum earlier about that but there is probably a lot of truth to it.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Wow.. Sprint coverage is pretty good in Minneapolis and this phone is killer. This one may actually get me to leave Verizon after a 10+ years. And, how can anyone live without a 3D phone?! :p

gatewayad

Reaction score
Is that cube effect on the video going from screen to screen a new feature for that phone (yes i know my LauncherPro could do that). But my question... is there a way on the TB to get cube transitions in sense now?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
As a loyal VZW Customer, I feel like all the other carriers are stepping their Android game up and we are stuck to choose between last years specs or an Apple product.
My sentiments exactly.

52brandon

Reaction score
wow, now those are some hefty specs. Would be nice to have a bleeding edge phone on verizon again :frown: