google wallet not working

vaeevictiss

Reaction score
so today was my second attempt at trying to use google wallet and looking like an idiot with my phone resting on the pad lol.

Two seperate mcdonalds i have tried to no avail. I set my phone literally on the pad and it lights up, says sending, and that it. The little bars light up/move like it is processing and nothing. I end up having to use my debit card after 15-20 seconds of looking dumb and seeing the cashier getting impatient like "look at this dip****".

I do have a case on the phone, it is the textured one from verizon that slides into the hip holster...

sam_galaxy_nexus_shell_holster.png

Is this causing the problem? its not very thick. If so thats a pretty big issue as most people have some type of case.

EDIT: and yes, ive had a good signal at both, at least 2 4g bars.

Nealius

Reaction score
did the well educated McD's employee try to do the transaction as a credit?
both times I used the wallet I had to punch in my pin.

the case should be an issue

alboboy10

Reaction score
Idk some guy at the gas station was being smart cause it wasn't working for me either at first but then when I got it to work he looked dumb.

The problem I'm having is I can't add my citi cards. I have a visa and a debit. I tried adding both and neither worked.

OP
V

vaeevictiss

Reaction score
i dont think he processed it as anything. He just told me the cost, it popped up on the screen and i set my phone down.

ThirtyftFL

Reaction score
I have a similar issue. I've had it work at 3 different places, but never at mcd. Mine doesn't say sending or anything, it just sits there doing nothing.

prowler85

Reaction score
I've got the exact same case on mine and it worked fine at Jack in the Box. So the case isn't the problem. It definitely has to be run as a debit though.

As far as adding a card, I use the Google prepaid card and top it off with my AmEx. No problems at all. I usually keep about $30 on it for fast-food and gas purchases.

captdroid

Reaction score
I've got the exact same case on mine and it worked fine at Jack in the Box. So the case isn't the problem. It definitely has to be run as a debit though.

As far as adding a card, I use the Google prepaid card and top it off with my AmEx. No problems at all. I usually keep about $30 on it for fast-food and gas purchases.

I believe the transaction definitely has to be run as a credit transaction

alboboy10

Reaction score

That's actually a great idea. I get points too with credit card so its even better than debit!