The Galaxy Nexus/Google Wallet experience

bsmith0731

Reaction score
If you haven't downloaded google wallet yet I suggest you do it and go out and wow every cashier in site.

That feeling is just awesome..

Just left a 7-11 where I asked the guy had He ever seen someone pay with their phone before and He said no in disbelief. 3 seconds later my transaction was done and the cashiers mouth dropped as I was walking out the door.

Simply amazing!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

sonnydroid

Reaction score
Lol.
I installed it 2 days ago; I'm going to try it out tomorrow. Hope it all goes smooth.

Snow02

Reaction score
Yeah. Just used mine for the first time too. Pretty neat.

bgrubb7

Reaction score
I tried but was unsuccessful. I heard a beep, my phone said SENT, but there was no dollar amount or completed transaction at the register. The transaction shows up in the Wallet app, but there is no dollar amount listed. I need to try it at another location to see if was their register or my phone. When you tap the phone, should you see a dollar amount for the transaction on your phone, or does it only say SENT?

OP
B

bsmith0731

Reaction score
I tried but was unsuccessful. I heard a beep, my phone said SENT, but there was no dollar amount or completed transaction at the register. The transaction shows up in the Wallet app, but there is no dollar amount listed. I need to try it at another location to see if was their register or my phone. When you tap the phone, should you see a dollar amount for the transaction on your phone, or does it only say SENT?

If you click on the question mark next to the sent it will tell you what happens.

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I want to use it so bad! Why did I have to be unlucky and get the Secure Element error. Now I won't be able to use it. I am going to try and get a new phone tomorrow. Whats a good excuse to make verizon give me a new one?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I want to use it so bad! Why did I have to be unlucky and get the Secure Element error. Now I won't be able to use it. I am going to try and get a new phone tomorrow. Whats a good excuse to make verizon give me a new one?

Tell them the Google wallet nfc element is bad. Google said the phone needs to be replaced. Show them the info online

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Tell them the Google wallet nfc element is bad. Google said the phone needs to be replaced. Show them the info online

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums
Mind giving me a link to where it says that?

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score

That it's not a properly functioning device. It doesn't matter that Google Wallet is officially not available, if it was available it wouldn't work on your phone. You need a new one. It's covered by the warranty.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I wonder how long it'll take till they going to integrate state IDs into this technology.
-Good evening, officer.
-Good evening, can I see your phone?

To bad none of my favorite stores have NFC :( . There's a McDonalds that has it, I never ate a burger in my life at McDonalds , I guess it's time to start.

bgrubb7

Reaction score
If you click on the question mark next to the sent it will tell you what happens.

Tells me there is "No amount available for this transaction..."

I think the BP registers are setup that they need to press "Credit" after the Beep, which the cashier did not do. I'll try again, or try McD's and see what happens.

Detonation

Reaction score
The Einstein Bagels across the street from me takes Google Wallet...thinking I'll go get a free breakfast tomorrow and impress all the college girls in there. I mean, that's sure to get me a date right? right?

OP
B

bsmith0731

Reaction score
Tells me there is "No amount available for this transaction..."

I think the BP registers are setup that they need to press "Credit" after the Beep, which the cashier did not do. I'll try again, or try McD's and see what happens.

mine showed sent for a few hours.

Now this is what it shows.

I cropped out the address and map for obvious reasons.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1324392651620.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324392651620.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 330

sonnydroid

Reaction score
Worked like a charm. Fast, smooth transaction. The cashier's jaw dropped, lol.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1324507369212.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1324507369212.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 313