Official Google Wallet on LTE Gnex

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, so good news. Wallet is now showing under my apps in the market. I think updates will be automatic now unless they patch this.

Nealius

Reaction score
Followed the droidlife article and updated my wallet

Sent from my GummyNex'd Galaxy Nexus!

Tas

Reaction score
Downloaded tha apk file through xda website I believe. Checked unknown sources in security settings. Installed all on its own after clicking the file. Saw my free $10. Added an extra $20. Went to rite-aid and got about $14 worth of stuff. Turned on nfc. Put the back of my phone to paypass reader. It took a few secs and thought it didn't work. Put it back and within a second, my phone vibrate and the receipt started printing. I said "holy crap, it worked". Checkout lady looked at me in bewildered eyes. I walked out with huge smile on my face. Did happy dance. I am also not rooted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

wolstonc

Reaction score
Did you follow the directions exactly? You must or it won't work. I followed this and I'm currently updated my existing wallet. I'll be curious to see if I get automatic updates now?

I did. It might be due to the fact that I have the apk from xda. I just want to update to the official. But maybe the apk I downloaded is up to date? I'll keep trying, I'm following it exactly. If I uninstall and try a fresh install from this method will I lose the money I've put on it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did. It might be due to the fact that I have the apk from xda. I just want to update to the official. But maybe the apk I downloaded is up to date? I'll keep trying, I'm following it exactly. If I uninstall and try a fresh install from this method will I lose the money I've put on it?

No, you will not lose the money. It's linked to your Google account.

What version are you on? Since updating through the market, I'm now on 1.1-R48v4

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Strange, I don't get the "This item isn't available by your carrier" message.

Screenshot_2012-02-03-13-11-44.jpg

wolstonc

Reaction score
That's what I was on. Uninstall and retry worked. It made me set a new pin though, and said "add prepaid card", but when I did, it put my $20.35 back on it. Its under my apps now, so excited! Plus I'm going to be moving to citi bank soon, which will mean no prepaid card for me!

droidkm

Reaction score
If anyone is getting to the market and seeing the app list with no wallet - you are skipping step 3, click on Google wallet, THEN hit install. Despite my case of dumb I got it working now.

slyestwun10

Reaction score
Follow steps exactly it updated mine !

LuvMusic

Reaction score
Worked great on my stock GN...thanks for the tip, even got my free $10.00. Only glitch I encountered was I had to shut-down and restart my phone so I could enable NFC.....no big deal.

prowler85

Reaction score
Worked for me as well, but had to use the stock browser. Tried using Dolphin, and it worked until it went back to market, then for some reason it couldn't find GW in the market. Tried it again using stock browser and it took me right back to GW install page and installed fine.

Was wondering if I should have removed my leaked version first, but looks like it updated right over it (I have the same version now as sbenson mentioned above).

kmo

Reaction score
Definitely works.....:icon_ lala:

EL Lacost

Reaction score
How safe is this app? I mean can't this info be stolen

Sent from Colima,mex echando gasolina en un Pemex