Google Wallet and 4.03

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Is it true that Google Wallet doesn't work with 4.03? I am running Android HD 4.02, but I want to try Theory's Axiom rom which is 4.03.

I don't really use Gwallet, but I suppose at sometime I will use up the $10 they game me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

captdroid

Reaction score
Is it true that Google Wallet doesn't work with 4.03? I am running Android HD 4.02, but I want to try Theory's Axiom rom which is 4.03.

I don't really use Gwallet, but I suppose at sometime I will use up the $10 they game me.

Don't know for sure but I think some people running a 4.03 custom ROM may have it working and talked about in the Google Wallet XDA thread. But you could run into problems such as the dreaded 'secure element not responding' error. The Google Wallet version we are running on our Galaxy Nexus is the same version that is in the Market right now for the Nexus S sprint phones (the only official phone to have GW officially running Gingerbread I think).

Think if I were going to try it on a custom 4.03 ROM I would first do a Nandroid backup of my working GW configured ROM and also a Titanium Backup of GW. Then you might try and restore GW and data from Titanium Backup after installing the custom 4.03 ROM versus reinstalling and reactivating. Good luck whatever you decide.

Last edited:

albertsm

Reaction score
I'm using it on a 4.03 ROM and it works fine (the apk, not the zip). I've found though that if you restore it via titanium, you have to either reinstall it or use the reset feature within the app for it to work correctly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I know I'm waiting for official app for the galaxy nexus before in use it again. I have gotten the message on my phone and not sure it will even work when the official one comes out. I may be screwed for good...that's why I'm staying away from the hacked/unsupported wallet

dagdoot

Reaction score
Im using google wallet on 4.0.3, it came with the rom that im using and has worked flawlessly. I added money with my debit card and i added my citi bank credit card, no problems as of yet.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im using google wallet on 4.0.3, it came with the rom that im using and has worked flawlessly. I added money with my debit card and i added my citi bank credit card, no problems as of yet.

This.