OTA question

Reaction score
Ok, I'm sure this has been asked before but not by me. I'm running the latest Codename build with 4.03 radios. If Vzw pushes an update to 4.04 or newer will I receive this update out at the very last a notification that my phone is ready for the OTA? If not is there an app, setting out the like that can enable this without re-flashing back to stock?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Why wait for Verizon? You can get it now...You can install the Team Black Hat All-In-One Rooted update (this will update your radios, OS, and bootloader in one zip). If you don't want to buy the TBH app then you can install Peter Alfonso's Stock Rooted ROM, alongside installing the new bootloader/radios as well. The new radios and bootloader can be found at RootzWiki.

OP
raysharplessjr
Reaction score
Now that sounds like a great idea. Thanks. I think I'll check it out.

However, my question still stands. I'm just a little curious about what happens if an OTA does push through. :)

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
However, my question still stands. I'm just a little curious about what happens if an OTA does push through.

It would be blocked by your custom recovery. Besides flashing the stock images, your best bet would be to get back to your original stock nandroid and then reverting to stock recovery. Then you could try accepting the OTA, but I'm not positive that would work. I would suggest the TBH update. Good luck :biggrin:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Or you could just stay on Codename and he will update that rom to 4.0.4 when it's released.

OP
raysharplessjr
Reaction score
True. I've already tried the 4.04 radios and I didn't care for them. However, my bad experience may have been related to still being on 4.03 os.

jerroedr

Reaction score
has the full source code for 4.0.4 been released?

jerroedr

Reaction score
Cool, yea, im still on .0.2. No issues, but if theres a legit source .0.4 count me in!