Anyone else see this problem before?

OP
eagle923

eagle923

Reaction score
Maxx is back ordered, possibly why they didn't.

----posted maxx'ed out----

Yep, that is the reason. In the end I went with a 16gb (32 was back ordered :() iPhone 4S and I'll just sell it. They seem to have better resale at this point. I guess I'll chug along with my Droid 1 until another fab-phone comes down the pipeline. I used my upgrade but if I make some cash off the iPhone I'll pickup something off contract at a later date.

I was really wanting to like the GNex, I just had too many problems with signal (the phone was near perfect other than that). But my use my phone a lot for work and must have a signal. Ah well!

B

bens42608

*MY* issue with taking the Bionic would be that both are phones that are nearing the 1 year mark and don't have NEAR the processor speeds or the other amenities of the GNex. I'm with the rest, the Rezound or Razr/Razr Maxx are on equal footing.

I'm with zomnomnombie, I'd go into disgruntled customer mode. While I understand not everyone will be pleased 100% of the time, putting someone into a 3/4 of a year older model phone when they bought a phone a month ago is NOT acceptable - even if it IS a typical Verizon move. To me, the Rezound/RAZR isn't asking for too much - it's in the same price range and a month older than the GNex.
Or, keep returning the GNex and tell them you expect to get it replaced until the problem is solved and will not take no for an answer.

And if you talked on the phone to someone, don't waste your time. Go into the store and talk with them face to face. A disgruntled customer in the store is probably more likely to get better results than someone who can hit mute on the phone call.

Umm really? What is the bionics processor speed? What is the Gnex processor speed? U think the bionic's isn't even NEAR the Gnex? How'd u come to that conclusion lol... and what are these "amenities " u speak of?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Umm really? What is the bionics processor speed? What is the Gnex processor speed? U think the bionic's isn't even NEAR the Gnex? How'd u come to that conclusion lol... and what are these "amenities " u speak of?

Bionic uses the older 4430 chip and it's .2ghz slower and will most likely never receive ICS. The screen is where the Nexus pulls insanely ahead, it's fairly well known that the Bionic's pentile screen is probably the worst ever used on a high end phone.

The point we're making is the Bionic is currently a freebie phone, they were trying to offer him 2 freebie phones for something he just paid $300 for, it's not acceptable. Even the 4S 16GB they gave him isn't comparable in terms of price since it's $199 on contract I believe. Luckily he'll be able to sell the 4S for probably 300-400.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Let's be honest, the Bionic is never going to receive the same level of support as the other high end phones currently in the market and about to enter it.

It's not that its a bad phone it just got dealt a bad hand by Motorola and likely Verizon as well.

TL;DR:
Motorola DROID Bionic < $300 proverbially and literally.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

B

bens42608

Jokes. I'm not taking the time to argue about how wrong you are. U got ur facts twisted. Bionic is never getting ICS? Ummm... lol. Yeaaah

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Just gonna throw this out there, they are just cell phones. Ha ha. Clearly each has their advantages and disadvantages. The fact remains, the Bionic's RETAIL value is not on par with that of the Nexus' at this point in time, so any person in their right mind would feel cheated receiving a phone with much less RETAIL value than that of the one they paid for.

Really has nothing to do with what phone gets better support or more updates or whatever other things you can argue about. It's all about the cash, people.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Dude I feel your pain check out my thread haha. I went through 4 before I got a working one. Also there is another option if you can use your Droid one for a week or two....your gnexus could be fixed at no cost to you...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Jokes. I'm not taking the time to argue about how wrong you are. U got ur facts twisted. Bionic is never getting ICS? Ummm... lol. Yeaaah

What facts are twisted? Motorola/Verizon have never said the Bionic would get ICS, yet they've given a time table for the Razr to receive it. You'd think since the Bionic and Razr are nearly identical hardware wise that they would also say that the Bionic was receiving ICS as well.

B

bens42608

What facts are twisted? Motorola/Verizon have never said the Bionic would get ICS, yet they've given a time table for the Razr to receive it. You'd think since the Bionic and Razr are nearly identical hardware wise that they would also say that the Bionic was receiving ICS as well.

{Sigh} people like u are soo annoying. Idk y ur hating on the bionic to begin with-it but Motorola has only confirmed like 1000 times that Bionic is getting ICS. And yes it IS part of the timeline.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
No one is hating on the Bionic. Even if the bionic had an 18 core processor and 9001 mA/h battery inside something the size of a tic tac it would still not be as well accepted. It came out at the wrong time and is considered a flop to most Android consumers (obviously those who actually used it don't agree because it's still a damn good phone) whether or not that's actually true doesn't matter.

Perception is everything and the Bionic got shafted. It was too little too late. It's not your fault, it's not the Bionic's fault. It's just what happened. Oops.

The Bionic will probably get ICS sometime after the RAZR. Then they will both probably stop at or before Jelly Bean.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not hating on the Bionic, you asked what was so much better about the Nexus hardware and I pointed out the hardware specs of the Bionic.

Calling the screen poor quality is common, it's well known that Motorola used a very low quality pentile matrix with the Bionic, it was one of the major faults of the phone.

Reviews proving my statement:

http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/motorola-droid-bionic-verizon/4505-6454_7-34468463.html

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/09/19/motorola-droid-bionic-review-verizon/

Motorola hasn't confirmed it 1000x either, they made one post about it being included in the devices they intended to upgrade. The Razr hasn't received ICS yet, or even a date and the OG droid stopped at what 2.2? So it's very possible that the Bionic will not receive ICS. Even if it does, 5.0 could be out by then, which would make the update irrelevant.

Right now they don't even have the Bionic as having begun development with ICS, according to their website.

Also, you're the one in the Nexus forums slamming our device. I simply responded to your insults, which I admit I should have just put you on ignore because you're obviously only here to annoy.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola has stated very clearly the Bionic is getting ICS.

Sent from my phone

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Motorola has stated very clearly the Bionic is getting ICS.

Sent from my phone

I know, I pointed that out above that they have it included in the list, but nothing in their list has been updated yet. We all know the Razr will be their first goal.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know, I pointed that out above that they have it included in the list, but nothing in their list has been updated yet. We all know the Razr will be their first goal.

Indeed, and I answered succinctly b/c I was still on my phone and hadn't gotten back to my computer. But if it helps, to add to what you said, here are three different sources, "direct" from Moto, from oldest to newest:

http://www.talkandroid.com/68008-droid-bionic-will-get-ice-cream-sandwich-according-to-motorola/image-0000-3/

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

https://twitter.com/#!/Motorola/status/187643326948843520

For what it's worth, if you check Moto's twitter feed that day, they give the exact same stock answer for the Razr and Razr Maxx as well.

And since this is a Nexus thread that's been thoroughly hijacked, I'll attempt to turn it back by asking when we might see 4.0.5! :tongue:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess I just don't trust Motorola to update phones they aren't currently pushing(or any manufacturer). I had the OG from day one and we all know we had to constantly root and update ourselves.

The OP ended up swapping for an Iphone 4s to sell anyways, the reason we got to talking about the Bionic was because Verizon ws trying to give him a Bionic for his Nexus as a replacement, which I think you'd agree was a ridiculous offer just on price alone.