Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
How do you know what number your phone is dialing to listen to your GV voicemail? Is it the GV number that I setup, or is it some other random access point number?

Do I have to log on to VZWs site and find out what number my phone called when I dial VM?

As well, I changed my call settings to us GV for voicemail, but when I press the VM button in the dialer, I am still getting my VZW vm box. Is that normal?

Thanks!

**EDIT: Just read the e-mail they sent me. Does the following mean that I should add just the number that I setup using GV into my F&F list?

2. Access your Voicemail by:
Signing-in to google.com/voice
Calling your Google number, (###) ###-####, and pressing the star (*) key while your greeting is playing.

Last edited:

ctn830

Reaction score
Goggle voice

I am confused! I just want to use Google Voice like I would use verizon's Visual Voicemail. I don't want another number. Just my cell number. So what's this airtime minutes,etc. all about?

NOLAsailing

Reaction score
You have the option of enabling or disabling GV for your phone calls. I was not interested in GV for placing calls; just for the VM service.

So, simply select "Do not use GV to place calls" when setting up the app and you're good to go. You can still route your VM through it and it does not use your minutes if you access it through the app (you can also call an assigned number that operates much like traditional vm access).

It's a great way to manage your vm. In addition to the phone access, I installed the GV widget on myt iGoogle home pages on my home and work PC's and I can see who called and what they had to say without going through the phone at all.

Also, I can use different VM messages for different groups of people - which is great because my work mandated VM message is fairly long.

Great program.

By the way, instead of waiting for an GV invite, I bought one on ebay for $2.00.