prob w/google voice

snappingfish

Reaction score
I know its got to be a loose nut behing the keyboard, but HELP.... If anyone calls my cell, if I don't answer, it goes to my google voice voicemail. How can I change it back to go to the regular (verizon) or droid VM?

Thx

mach330

Reaction score
I know its got to be a loose nut behing the keyboard, but HELP.... If anyone calls my cell, if I don't answer, it goes to my google voice voicemail. How can I change it back to go to the regular (verizon) or droid VM?

Thx

login to gvoice online and go to settings and disable it.

JCo352

Reaction score
May I ask why you wouldn't want it to go to your GV Mailbox?

OP
snappingfish

snappingfish

Reaction score
??????

May I ask why you wouldn't want it to go to your GV Mailbox?

BECAUSE, I want to know how to decide which VM messages are sent to. Now, may I ask if you know how?

What I would really like is a toggle app, so when Im in my car, all go to google VM, but when Im home, they go to VZW VM.

xandor

Reaction score
Admittedly, I don't remember seeing any app for that, much less think that anyone had ever thought of that.

I just use GV for everything and don't see any reason to bounce things around like that. If I want people to hear a different VM answer, I would just record another greeting in GV and switch from there. I haven't touched my verizon mailbox since I got GV.

I hope someone has something more to your liking.

OP
snappingfish

snappingfish

Reaction score
found it

Admittedly, I don't remember seeing any app for that, much less think that anyone had ever thought of that.

I just use GV for everything and don't see any reason to bounce things around like that. If I want people to hear a different VM answer, I would just record another greeting in GV and switch from there. I haven't touched my verizon mailbox since I got GV.

Its on the Mac (or PC) google, com / voice>settings>phones."deactivate google voicemail on this phone"

phew!
fish

ask a question around here, and get WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW THAT??

Inquiring minds NEED to know-THAT'S WHY!

Pegleg

Reaction score

Its on the Mac (or PC) google, com / voice>settings>phones."deactivate google voicemail on this phone"

phew!
fish

ask a question around here, and get WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW THAT??

Inquiring minds NEED to know-THAT'S WHY!

You could always seek answers to your questions elsewhere! Many times knowing why you want to do something can help in coming up with the solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But you're probably the kind that just wants others to solve your problems!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
An app probably wouldn't be able to do this. When you're "Activating Google voicemail for your phone" you're really just setting up conditional call forwarding to your GV number.

You enable and disable conditional forwarding this way (make sure you reference the conditional section or else you'll forward all calls):
http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=17268&p=null

Last edited: