(Google) Voice Search "Server Problem" on razr maxx

Drrooiid

Reaction score
(Google) Voice Search "Server Problem" on razr maxx SOLVED!!

I can't be the only one!! Has anyone else experienced the inability to use Voice Search on their razr maxx?

Mine comes up with "Server Problem" every time! :mad:

After getting MY SECOND razr maxx and having THE SAME PROBLEM, Verizon forwarded my call to Motorola, they sent me up to tier 2 support who said. "The one in my hand is working fine, send us your phone and we'll fix it." As if THAT's a viable option! :icon_ devil:

Anyone else?

EDIT:

I got a 3rd phone today! I've discovered what makes the "Server Problem" come up!! Go to "Accounts", TURN OFF CONTACT SYNC IN ALL GOOGLE ACCOUNTS.

Voice Search WORKS! :D With Contact sync ON, it errors out! :mad:

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I can't be the only one!! Has anyone else experienced the inability to use Voice Search on their razr maxx?

After getting MY SECOND razr maxx and having THE SAME PROBLEM, Verizon forwarded my call to Motorola, they sent me up to tier 2 support who said. "The one in my hand is working fine, send us your phone and we'll fix it." As if THAT's a viable option! :icon_ devil:

Anyone else?

If you have a Blue 3G or 4G icon and at least one or two signal level bars and you get that message the phone should be power cycled. I expect the problem will be gone on power up. If you don't have a Blue 3G or 4G then the problem is that you aren't connected to the internet. Again a power cycle may do the trick or it could simply be local network problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
Drrooiid

Drrooiid

Reaction score
Nah, that's not it... It happens on wifi too.

connorandrew

Reaction score
Hm...Tested my Razr Maxx seems to be working fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

msblueline

Reaction score
I tested my voice search and get a error message everytime. I'm assure an update can fix the issue, ICS might be a little better. Could fix over time.

I am not going to return mine yet incase I get one worse that what I have now. We'll see though.

->I heard verizon is not giving phones out for replacement anyway you have to send it off<- Just used text voice to write this. Not a big deal for me on the text search as of just yet, I might want it later though...

msblueline

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

LarryH

Reaction score

Anyone else?

Yes, I have the same problem and I know what the problem is now but don't know how to fix it. I just spent 4 hours in the Verizon store and they finally did a hard reboot erasing everything on the phone. With blank phone the voice command worked perfectly and never got a "server problem". Then we entered my gmail account (I have all of my contacts there) and with no other changes the voice command went back to "server problem". So there is some kind of conflict with the google account. But no one there had any knowledge of it and didn't have any suggestions. One of the salesman there said he had some recollection of some kind of problem with old google gmail acounts ... something to do with using POP3 but he was not sure of that. Hopefully someone here has a fix for this.

Last edited:

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Lucky for me it works. I love getting into arguments with my brother or mates and whippings out my phone and speaking and saying, "oh yeah that was blaw blaw back on 02." They just stare, did it twice today.

Why would a email account mess this up? Sorry wish I was some help.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

OP
Drrooiid

Drrooiid

Reaction score
Yes, I have the same problem and I know what the problem is now but don't know how to fix it. I just spent 4 hours in the Verizon store and they finally did a hard reboot erasing everything on the phone. With blank phone the voice command worked perfectly and never got a "server problem". Then we entered my gmail account (I have all of my contacts there) and with no other changes the voice command went back to "server problem". So there is some kind of conflict with the google account. But no one there had any knowledge of it and didn't have any suggestions. One of the salesman there said he had some recollection of some kind of problem with old google gmail acounts ... something to do with using POP3 but he was not sure of that. Hopefully someone here has a fix for this.

I thought the same thing... My account is new though! I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem and I also thought the ICS update might fix it, but don't want to wait forever to find out it doesn't! :mad:

Anyone else having this problem?

OP
Drrooiid

Drrooiid

Reaction score
Lucky for me it works. I love getting into arguments with my brother or mates and whippings out my phone and speaking and saying, "oh yeah that was blaw blaw back on 02." They just stare, did it twice today.

Why would a email account mess this up? Sorry wish I was some help.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

Yeah, best feature of the phone not working... Only feature that blows the iPhone 4s away and it doesn't work!! What a gyp!

Reaction score
sounds like my bionic experience. this is why i will no longer buy a moto phone :biggrin:

OP
Drrooiid

Drrooiid

Reaction score
Thanks 4 ur help. Moto used to b #1... Google f'd them over... Android needs WORK!

Reaction score
Android! The most bug-ridden OS since Windows Millennium!

i have to agree with that. android have not been developed properly, but it's not particular to moto phones. they're all buggy. however, moto has by far had the most issues with their android phones because of their own incompetence with software. their build quality and hardware is solid, but they're just terrible with software.

hoppyjr

Reaction score
I had the same issue and found it was the Swift key keyboard I installed. While I really like Swift key, it would lock up my voice search capabilities after one search.

sent using Tapatalk