Maxx, ICS, Google Nav, no longer gives upcoming turn warnings

JWX

Reaction score
On a slightly different note, (since you guys are into the GPS and prior to starting a thread on it). Since I performed the OTA ICS, my (rooted) unit, GPS has lost a lot of sensitivity and now requires wifi on in when inside my house and other structures where GPS previously worked perfectly. Seems to always be searching for satellites in the status bar.

Anyone else with this?

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
I read this thread yesterday and decided to try mine out against my DX....holy crap, what a mess. I am not impressed at all! While I love the new voice, she has no sense of direction. The old version on my DX was spot on as always and the new version had me lost in my own yard!:angry:

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
On a slightly different note, (since you guys are into the GPS and prior to starting a thread on it). Since I performed the OTA ICS, my (rooted) unit, GPS has lost a lot of sensitivity and now requires wifi on in when inside my house and other structures where GPS previously worked perfectly. Seems to always be searching for satellites in the status bar.

Anyone else with this?

Yes, mine does the same thing. :/

jeverts

Reaction score
Mine's good, like before the update

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mikibee

Reaction score
U could try going into app manager and clearing data for maps and nav. Just a thought.

Thank you so much for suggesting this. I updated to ICS yesterday, and my voice navigation quit working.. no sound whatsoever. So I just cleared all the data and turned it on and her voice is back.. a much more pleasant voice even! Thanks so much!

OP
C

CaGaPeach

Reaction score
Thank you so much for suggesting this. I updated to ICS yesterday, and my voice navigation quit working.. no sound whatsoever. So I just cleared all the data and turned it on and her voice is back.. a much more pleasant voice even! Thanks so much!

Looks like Google is finally looking into this and the thread on Google Maps group, troubleshooting is growing. No amount of clearing data, uninstalling and reinstalling Maps fixed anything on my Razr Maxx. I finally bit the bullet and did a factory reset yesterday which did absolutely nothing. GPS cannot get a good fix on me close enough for accurate navigation and there's still no upcoming turn notifications until I am at the intersection. then it's too late to know whether to turn left or right without looking at screen. :angry:

LyndaM

Reaction score
I have had the same problem with the lack of warning on turns. It is intermittent though. One day it will happen all the time, the next it will work properly. I have also had some other pretty severe problems with the Navigation. Things like not recognizing where I am at all and sending me to crazy places. I use Google Navigation a lot--I can not imagine paying extra money for Verizon Navigator. That would be irritating.