[Updated]Verizon Soon to Release Competent Competitor to Google Nav - VZ Navigator VX

titans1

Reaction score
This is just more more Verizon bull crap. It's not like they don't rob was blind already. They're almost 1 of the most expensive providers out there. They have so many fees it's ridiculous. I have verizon and so far I'm not impressed. I get horrible service in an area they say they cover 100 percent. They're only suggestion to me was to goto an old school phone. I ask them why would spend 600 dollars on a phone and then revert to old? There only response to me was we don't guarantee service.
sent from the org droid

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't get by the free vs. 120.00 a year thing. VZ nav can't be THAT much better that Google nav to justify that price difference.

My problem with the fee is that i'd buy a standalone GPS unit before i'd spend $120/yr for an app.

accellpo

Reaction score
The Iphone users will probably buy it since they don't have free google nav. Don't know why they demoed this on the Droids.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol. it'll fail. not only is Gmaps more mature, but VZ can't write apps for squat. None of their apps are worth a crap.

it'll definitely fail. verizon makes some amazing decisions when it comes to their network and hardware, but when it comes to software, you end up scratching your head.

Actually, VZ Nav is not the worst app. Its comparable to Google Nav... Except it costs way too much. This new version I could see being handy MAYBE if I installed my Galaxy Tab as a Nav system in my car and didn't care so much about money as I did about something shiny?

In my mind, Verizon is trying to keep it competitive, but you can't compete with a solid program that's free vs. $10 a month for the same thing.

VZW needs to at least make it cheaper to expect any real result.

Device: Samsung SCH-I400 Continuum

Well yeah I'm sure it's a great app, but surely not worth 120 a year. I'm saying it's gonna fail because of their decision to charge a monthly subscription for it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Slighter

Reaction score
The cost aside..
Bing?
Seriously?
Facepalm14.gif

drpurp

Reaction score
What scares me is like how they phased out Google Search for Bing Search recently, they try to phase out Google Maps for VZ Navigator. :(

Mortiel

Reaction score
The cost aside..
Bing?
Seriously?
Facepalm14.gif

The only thing that annoys me about Bing is how slow its browser works. I have LauncherPro on my phone, not rooted, and can use Google Search still fine.

Device: Samsung SCH-I400 Continuum