Turn Your Bike Into A Smartbike

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm sure many bikers have a smartphone handlebar mount. You load up your GPS App only to realize that is difficult to see yet hear.
20141208123619-IGG_header_crowdfunding.jpg

Introducing smrtGRIPS. Just replace your existing handle grips with a pair of smrtGRIPS to locate your bike, and get turn by turn directions.

Not only a smart solution. It's safer and more enjoyable to ride without ever needing a display. It seamlessly integrates eyes-free navigation, haptic feedback notifications and a bike tracker. And it's Android and IOS Ready.

• Know where you’re going: Stay on track with turn-by-turn eyes-free directions.
  • Keep your eyes on the road: Know more about road conditions ahead, thanks to eyes-free haptic feedback vibrating alerts.
  • Keep an eye on your bike: Track your bike if it goes missing.
  • Find your bike: Have it send you a signal so you can find it in a crowd.
  • Stay together: Receive a separation alert you if someone in your group strays away.
smrtGRiPs Connect App's unique features improve and perfect your Eyes-Free Connected Biking Experience:

20150111075025-SMARTGRIPS_Apps_v2.jpg

• Eyes-Free Navigation
  • Right and left haptic feedback custom notifications
  • Notification prioritization and customization for your Google Maps, Google Fit and Apple Healthkit notifications
  • Highly audible custom alerts
  • Crowd-sourced Bike Tracking
  • Separation alert (up to 10 riders*)
  • SmrtGRiPs Connect Navigation enabled by Telenav's Scout SDK. (Turn-by-turn directions, Bike lanes, Popular Routing, Buddy Radar (nearby Friends) and more.
If you are a daily or just a weekend peddler, smrtGRIPS is a must have.

$59. on Indiegogo, or $119. when launched.

Head over to smrtGRIPS for more information.​

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Very nice. I'm a bicyclist so this is "right up my alley" (pun intended). It just goes to show you how diverse the potential of future integration between technology and the every day lives we lead can be. We're only seeing the earliest creations, smart watches, NFC, and now smrtGRiPS.

Just one of my many bikes...

c144ff5dbd12a682b95ab55ce6d34110.jpg

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm sure many bikers have a smartphone handlebar mount. You load up your GPS App only to realize that is difficult to see yet hear.
20141208123619-IGG_header_crowdfunding.jpg

Introducing smrtGRIPS. Just replace your existing handle grips with a pair of smrtGRIPS to locate your bike, and get turn by turn directions.

Not only a smart solution. It's safer and more enjoyable to ride without ever needing a display. It seamlessly integrates eyes-free navigation, haptic feedback notifications and a bike tracker. And it's Android and IOS Ready.

• Know where you’re going: Stay on track with turn-by-turn eyes-free directions.
  • Keep your eyes on the road: Know more about road conditions ahead, thanks to eyes-free haptic feedback vibrating alerts.
  • Keep an eye on your bike: Track your bike if it goes missing.
  • Find your bike: Have it send you a signal so you can find it in a crowd.
  • Stay together: Receive a separation alert you if someone in your group strays away.
smrtGRiPs Connect App's unique features improve and perfect your Eyes-Free Connected Biking Experience:

20150111075025-SMARTGRIPS_Apps_v2.jpg

• Eyes-Free Navigation
  • Right and left haptic feedback custom notifications
  • Notification prioritization and customization for your Google Maps, Google Fit and Apple Healthkit notifications
  • Highly audible custom alerts
  • Crowd-sourced Bike Tracking
  • Separation alert (up to 10 riders*)
  • SmrtGRiPs Connect Navigation enabled by Telenav's Scout SDK. (Turn-by-turn directions, Bike lanes, Popular Routing, Buddy Radar (nearby Friends) and more.
If you are a daily or just a weekend peddler, smrtGRIPS is a must have.

$59. on Indiegogo, or $119. when launched.

Head over to smrtGRIPS for more information.​
First, that lady looks incredibly uncomfortable riding that bike.

Second, how hard do you think it'd be to switch which grip is on which side and do you think it would then vibrate in reverse? Or do you think it works with your GPS to know which way you're going an adapts itself to that? ie, is there a specific Right and Left handle that needs to be put on that side and that side only?

Very nice. I'm a bicyclist so this is "right up my alley" (pun intended). It just goes to show you how diverse the potential of future integration between technology and the every day lives we lead can be. We're only seeing the earliest creations, smart watches, NFC, and now smrtGRiPS.

Very nice. Always wanted to try riding a bicycle built for two. I actually know someone who's family owns one, but never got around to trying it.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
One more thing I have to charge! Phone, watch, tablet, BT headphones, bike head/tail lights, and now handlebars? Gonna need more chargers.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just use headphones when riding... They keep the noise from my race exhaust from hurting my ears, but also allow me to listen to some music as I ride, and then the GPS cuts in when needed to give me turn by turn directions. Reliable, and the cost is free. hehe

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score

Nice ride Fox. I always wanted to get a full squish tandem.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nice ride Fox. I always wanted to get a full squish tandem.
It's cool that you recognize that it's a full squish. I've had that thing five and a half feet in the air with the passenger on the rear. It's lots of fun on the trails. I also had a custom set of wheels built for it match in color, Sapim bladed spokes and matching spoke nipples in a 26 inch by three quarters configuration so I can ride that thing on the road to. It's a pretty awesome bike.

I completely rebuilt that thing from top to bottom including replacing the bottom bracket with titanium and using titanium hardware in every place I had to . And aluminum hardware in places I could get away with as well. I replaced the cranks and put better disc brakes on it, and carbon fiber where else I could get away with it such as seatposts, stems and and bars. I have about eight or nine other bikes, kind of lost track of count. Most of them have been completely rebuilt from top to bottom as well.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
and those fancy ends are going to make them extremely easy to see and steal.

they need to look 100% bone stock before I'd EVER think of leaving something like this on my bike.

it's a great idea, just a bit scary to think of how easily they could be stolen.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
and those fancy ends are going to make them extremely easy to see and steal.

they need to look 100% bone stock before I'd EVER think of leaving something like this on my bike.

it's a great idea, just a bit scary to think of how easily they could be stolen.
I believe they go inside the handlebar and a grip covers them. I would think they have a tamper alert as well.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
One would hope so.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
cf9657957065268e8c15e8abd69daa4f.jpg

caba9ad99a34a7c388e1baf450d63abf.jpg

Here are the custom road wheels and the bike outfitted for road.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.