(Google) Voice Search "Server Problem" on razr maxx

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
How nice for you.

Damn, tried it again for burger king and it went right to burger king this time as expected. I would love to recreate the problem you're having so I could help you to isolate and resolve it. Could you try pressing and holding the home key and telling me what applications are running in the background? Also it may be the more effective if you go into settings, applications, running services and tell me what applications are running there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
Drrooiid

Drrooiid

Reaction score
Damn, tried it again for burger king and it went right to burger king this time as expected. I would love to recreate the problem you're having so I could help you to isolate and resolve it. Could you try pressing and holding the home key and telling me what applications are running in the background? Also it may be the more effective if you go into settings, applications, running services and tell me what applications are running there.

Since the phone did this RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX (very first thing I tried)... I highly doubt that we can make your phone do it too.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Since the phone did this RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX (very first thing I tried)... I highly doubt that we can make your phone do it too.

Well maybe not, but I don't have the standard home screen application running, I'm using launcher pro. As such, many of the motorola widgets are not on my home screens and are not running. Following is a list of all of the services running on my phone at the moment.

Settings, facebook, motorola car finder, textfree, google voice, 3 d flip clock and weather widget, youmail, tIkl, verizon wifi auto on, volume locker, motorola media link, automateit, speaktoit assistant, verizon location agent, maps, google services, sync service, tasks, weather, home screen, IM, my gallery, media, smart actions, motorola dock service, my music, bluetoothDun, calendar, bluetooth share, multi-touch keyboard.

By the way, would you believe I dictated that with google voice to text, including commas?!

OP
Drrooiid

Drrooiid

Reaction score
Well maybe not, but I don't have the standard home screen application running, I'm using launcher pro. As such, many of the motorola widgets are not on my home screens and are not running. Following is a list of all of the services running on my phone at the moment.

Settings, facebook, motorola car finder, textfree, google voice, 3 d flip clock and weather widget, youmail, tIkl, verizon wifi auto on, volume locker, motorola media link, automateit, speaktoit assistant, verizon location agent, maps, google services, sync service, tasks, weather, home screen, IM, my gallery, media, smart actions, motorola dock service, my music, bluetoothDun, calendar, bluetooth share, multi-touch keyboard.

By the way, would you believe I dictated that with google voice to text, including commas?!

Of course I believe that. Speech to text works awesome on mine too.

trhoads66

Reaction score
Mine wasn't working as soon as I got it, either (I did a few things prior like log-in with my google account, etc.)

OP
Drrooiid

Drrooiid

Reaction score
Mine wasn't working as soon as I got it, either (I did a few things prior like log-in with my google account, etc.)

Me too... It was the first thing I tried AFTER that. :frown:

OP
Drrooiid

Drrooiid

Reaction score

I got a 3rd phone today! I've discovered what makes the "Server Problem" come up!! Go to "Accounts", select your main Google account (first one you created), TURN OFF SYNC (all four).

Voice Search WORKS! :D With any sync ON, it errors out! :mad:

msblueline

Reaction score
I got a 3rd phone today! I've discovered what makes the "Server Problem" come up!! Go to "Accounts", select your main Google account (first one you created), TURN OFF SYNC (all four).

Voice Search WORKS! :D With any sync ON, it errors out! :mad:

So how does the account sync? Do we have to turn it off everytime we use the voice search?

If so, it'd be easier to just type with all the extra steps you have to go through to use voice search.

msblueline

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

OP
Drrooiid

Drrooiid

Reaction score
So how does the account sync? Do we have to turn it off everytime we use the voice search?

If so, it'd be easier to just type with all the extra steps you have to go through to use voice search.

msblueline

I used a new blank gmail account as the main account for the phone. My REAL email accounts are added separately and can have the sync on with no adverse affect. Therefore, I have no need for the sync to be on in the main account except to back up my contacts. I can do that manually and use Voice Search all the time.... I'd like to not be around when you're typing in your destination for nav while driving. ;)

msblueline

Reaction score
I used a new blank gmail account as the main account for the phone. My REAL email accounts are added separately and can have the sync on with no adverse affect. Therefore, I have no need for the sync to be on in the main account except to back up my contacts. I can do that manually and use Voice Search all the time.... I'd like to not be around when you're typing in your destination for nav while driving. ;)

I understand what you are saying I think.

If I turn off sync in the main email account which is the account to which all my apps are linked too, voice search works. I did it and it worked. Awesome job on that... But you said you created a blank account. I could do that too but then lose all my apps that are synced to that account. Create another account which is my actual email account for receiving emails.

How do I keep from losing all those apps?

Hope I didn't lose you, sounds confusing even to me.

By the way, I would never search the web typing while driving...lol

msblueline

OP
Drrooiid

Drrooiid

Reaction score
I understand what you are saying I think.

If I turn off sync in the main email account which is the account to which all my apps are linked too, voice search works. I did it and it worked. Awesome job on that... But you said you created a blank account. I could do that too but then lose all my apps that are synced to that account. Create another account which is my actual email account for receiving emails.

How do I keep from losing all those apps?

Hope I didn't lose you, sounds confusing even to me.

By the way, I would never search the web typing while driving...lol

msblueline

You didn't lose me... You can't keep your apps... You'd have to manually search and download them again (I did), but it's worth the time. You can log into your market.android account on a PC and just view all your downloaded apps, then re-d/l them on the phone and they'll be in your new account.... Of course all of this has to be done after doing a factory reset.

Hope I didn't lose ya. :happy3:

msblueline

Reaction score
What about my paid apps. I don't have an issue with the redownload of all my free apps, just don't want to have to purchase apps again I already paid for to put in the blank account. All those apps will be on the PC to add to the new account.

msblueline

OP
Drrooiid

Drrooiid

Reaction score
What about my paid apps. I don't have an issue with the redownload of all my free apps, just don't want to have to purchase apps again I already paid for to put in the blank account. All those apps will be on the PC to add to the new account.

msblueline

Hmmm... I didn't consider paid apps since I don't buy them. Well, you could just forward your current gmail to a new account into which you've imported your contacts, mail, etc. Then sync that one. Too bad you can't export/import the app library, but if you could, I suppose anyone could import anyone else's and get paid apps free, but I digress.

trhoads66

Reaction score
I'm tempted to re-set and start over (using a blank google main account as was stated that isn't synced and then using my actual google as a secondary account that would actually be synced) - but what are the odds now that this seems to be some kind of software, not hardware problem, and that Motorola will get a fix for this soon? I'd love to get my google voice search and commands working, even it it means starting over on the phone and spending 3 hours to re-do all that, but not if they're gonna fix it soon.......or might this still be a hardware problem? Should i try exchanging my phone anyway? I guess if you went through 3 phones and your google account still wasn't working, a new phone wouldn't do me much good, huh? But then how come only some of this are having this problem - a lot of people have a google account, wouldn't it screw it up for most people? Or is it just some google accounts that screw it up? I know this is a lot of questions but i'd appreciate anyone's feedback..........