google voice on moto droid?'s

jedidroid

Reaction score
Using it and it seems great so far. But 1 issue is that the playback volume for the voice messages are extremely low? why is this? you need to be a dog to understand the message or in a library.....

Any fix for this?

DroidFan

Reaction score
Using it and it seems great so far. But 1 issue is that the playback volume for the voice messages are extremely low? why is this? you need to be a dog to understand the message or in a library.....

Any fix for this?

Not having a problem with the volume. If you hit the volume keys on the side during playback, does that help?

OP
J

jedidroid

Reaction score
Nope. Have volume keys all the way up. but let me just clarify, I'm talking about the google voice app.

If I play the google voice message via Gmail, (download). the volume is fine. But if I use the specific app, which streamlines the entire process of downloading, the volume is extremely low. So it must be an issue with the google voice app.

Last edited:

jwcooper

Reaction score
I have seen this posted on Google forum also, I believe it is a known issue.

jcstarr

Reaction score
I want Google Voice for VV without having to pay Verizon for it it's but still in testing and not open to public... :mad:

Anyone want to send an invite? :icon_ banana:

midnightrunner8

Reaction score
I bought my DROID last night and I don't have the Voice app on my phone. I went to the Android Market and it doesn't find it. Even if i go to m.google.com/voice and click the link, it takes me to the market and says that the app doesnt exist. Any advice? Thanks in advance, all.

jwcooper

Reaction score
Try looking again. It appears GV was updated so it may have left the market and then returned. I just did a search for "voice" and it came right up.

midnightrunner8

Reaction score
Try looking again. It appears GV was updated so it may have left the market and then returned. I just did a search for "voice" and it came right up.

Thanks for the help. I must have been looking in the exact 3 minute span that it wasn't up. Seems to be working now. Thanks jwcooper!

OP
J

jedidroid

Reaction score
It was up yesterday, that's the one I had but the voice quality was terrible. couldn't hear a thing. I will see if todays version was updated...

Post back later.

mchoffa

Reaction score
I am sure you've already done this, but in case someone else reading this thread hasn't (because I didn't notice this right away myself) that while in google voice, I had to hit the settings button, tap "More" and choose "Enable Speaker" to hear it out loud, otherwise it played though the headset by default, which of course was VERY quiet.

OP
J

jedidroid

Reaction score
I am sure you've already done this, but in case someone else reading this thread hasn't (because I didn't notice this right away myself) that while in google voice, I had to hit the settings button, tap "More" and choose "Enable Speaker" to hear it out loud, otherwise it played though the headset by default, which of course was VERY quiet.

I'm aware of it, but I really don't want everyone to hear my messages at work etc...
And to be honest, it still isn't that loud through the speaker phone.

I downloaded the latest version of the app and still the same. way to low.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

cconnolly

Reaction score
i go thru the set up process for google voice on my moto droid and It says that my phone number cannot be verified. Can anyone help?...