Google Navigation Very Slow Today?

tommyz

Reaction score
I found that Google Navigation is very slow to calculate a route today.

Has anyone else experienced this?

jomama22

Reaction score
my maps overall have been super slow today. noticed this quite a while ago

brochaos

Reaction score
in socal, i kept getting "connection lost, retrying" on my way to work this morning. of course i just updated to frf84b last night so i don't know if it is that or just the netowork. maps seems to load ok now though.

OP
tommyz

tommyz

Reaction score
I'm on 2.1 and have not received the "connection lost, retrying" message.

It just seems to take a very long time to get the route info from the google server.

atticus

Reaction score
i noticed it too. on my way to work, phone rebooted twice (it never did that with the ROM i'm on), and took forever to load, recalculate, find signal etc... hm, wonder why.

urklegrue

Reaction score
Same here; I keep getting "data connection lost." I just updated to FRF84B this morning and thought it was because of that.

pyro6128

Reaction score
THANK GOD!!!! I thought I was the only one! I was beginning to think the refurb I received had a defective GPS or something. Man I feel relieved

ferociousbear

Reaction score
I kept getting the "connection lost" message this morning also and I'm on a totally stock setup (only had the phone 2 weeks so I thought I did something!

brock

Reaction score
yep... i had the problem today and got very frustrated.. ended up breaking the screen on my droid... fail

wolfpack_lamb

Reaction score
I was having these same problems as well. I am on Kangerade froyo. I thought it was a problem for me. Glad to hear others are having the same problems. Hope it is fixed soon.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

brochaos

Reaction score
haha, see good things happen when you post sometimes. glad to hear i was not the only one. you guys should state your area too. i know a couple of weeks ago, right after i upgraded to 2.2 frf57, i had the same problem, but verizon acknowledged network outtages in the LA area that day.

Dr.Soul

Reaction score
I originally posted this in the BB0.4 thread but after reading this one I am thinking this maybe a problem on Google's end and not the ROM not really sure.

Ok so ran a test on Google Maps/Navigation.
To: Left around 8pm to go to a friends house took the way I knew maps would tell me to go. As I pull out of the gas station I clicked on navigate from the car dock/home menu choose my friends address from the contacts option. The map new where i was kept track of me and all while the icon circled and said getting directions. This continued 99% of the drive with data connection lost message from the robot voice lady. Finally I turn on my friends street and it connect and says you destination is approaching on the left.

From: On the way home at the end of his street I once again clicked on navigate from the car dock/home menu choose my address from the contacts option. It loaded right up a never missed a beat. So I decide lets throw it for a loop and take the back way into my neighborhood. It says rerouting loads new course and off I go.

Not sure why it wouldn't work going to my friends and worked like a champ coming back. Any ideas, anyone have similar issues. I use this function quite a bit and would like to no I can depend on it when I need it.

geetarspaz

Reaction score
this has been around the past few days, super slow maps/navigation

i was in the middle of doing a navigation review when i gave up after about 5-10 minute attempts of trying to 'get driving directions'

not sure whats up, 4/5 bars, outside, still nothing. -_-

brochaos

Reaction score
mine seemed better going home last night and on the way to work this morning. took a little longer to load maps than usual, but no connection lost messages. i always have pandora in the background too, and that never hiccuped.