Very dissapointing Navigation...

OP
T

Tweasol

Reaction score
Just wanted to point out to everyone shouting "FREEE!!" --

Did you forget about the 30 dollar monthly fee we fork over to Verizon ?

I didn't.

Give me night mode and I'll be happy for now, Yes its new software, just stating my gripes

samredman

Reaction score
The Navigation software is weak compared to VZ Navigator, which is not available on the Droid, but is on other Verizon phones, such as the LG Touch. I had an LG Touch, prior to my Droid (but, I didn't trade it in, I gave it to a family member). Recently, I was in upstate New York before my Droid and in my rental car I got a Garmin and I ran both the Garmin and the VZnavigator simultaneously, because I was traveling way out of the urban areas. The VZNavigator out performed Garmin (I had similar experiences on other trips).

So, when I got my Droid I was expecting something spectactular. What a disappointment. It loses its bearings and misses turn offs and doesn't find locations accurately. The best way to describe it is ... it's just fine about80% of the time. On my next trip I will "borrow" my old LG touch with the VZnavigator.

Of course, the phone is just out. Everything is getting updated rapidly. My guess is that they are working night and day to fix the problems and that the Droid navigator will be equal to the best eventually... so, I'm staying relaxed.

J

JohnDroid

Use the built in power control widget to switch between 3 different brightness settings. That's as good as night mode.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uhhhh, I would like to point out the fact that the Navigation app is a beta. It's not going to be perfect.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Uhhhh, I would like to point out the fact that the Navigation app is a beta. It's not going to be perfect.

It works pretty well for me. Used it three times and got where I was going all three times :icon_ banana:

Dan_Droid

Reaction score
Did you forget about the 30 dollar monthly fee we fork over to Verizon ?

I didn't.

Did you forget about the fact that the 30 dollar monthly fee is for DATA ACCESS (browsing the web, sending email, downloading apps, chatting with friends, and a hundred other things)? They're not charging 30 dollars a month just for you to use Google Maps. That just happens to be one of the many things you can do with your data plan. It's a free bonus. Seriously, use your brain.

Dan_Droid

Reaction score

It works pretty well for me. Used it three times and got where I was going all three times :icon_ banana:

I have to agree here. I've used it about a dozen times and I have yet for it to send me the wrong way once. Not bad for a free app that's in beta. :icon_ banana: