Speaker phone and Navigation

TommyMac501

Reaction score
When I have the phone docked and I'm talking via speaker phone (the safe way to talk), the voice commands for Navigation talk right over my conversation and I have to pause and wait for them to finish. Highly unprofessional, and annoying.

Any way to make them mutually exclusive?

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I don't know about making them mutually exclusive, but you can "mute" the navigation. It's not really a solution, I know, but maybe it's better than nothing.

I seem to remember my navigation being quiet when I receive a phone call, but I'm not positive on that.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I have the phone docked and I'm talking via speaker phone (the safe way to talk), the voice commands for Navigation talk right over my conversation and I have to pause and wait for them to finish. Highly unprofessional, and annoying.

Any way to make them mutually exclusive?

Mine spoke over the phone call on speaker as well. As mentioned above... you can 'mute' the voice from the nav menu.

OP
TommyMac501

TommyMac501

Reaction score
Yes, I suppose you can, but navigating your way back to the GPS while on the phone, while driving is harder than just not bothering. :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, I suppose you can, but navigating your way back to the GPS while on the phone, while driving is harder than just not bothering. :)
Point, set, match. Have to agree, it does defeat the whole 'hands free' dynamic using a speaker phone if your manipulating the phone anyways :)

Nav, by default, should recognize a phone call is in progress and temporarily disable audio... but just a wish.

bobdoo

Reaction score
Point, set, match. Have to agree, it does defeat the whole 'hands free' dynamic using a speaker phone if your manipulating the phone anyways :)

Nav, by default, should recognize a phone call is in progress and temporarily disable audio... but just a wish.

Have you checked out DockAwake? It seems like it should do the job. I agree it should be automatic and $3 is too much to spend on any app let alone one so simple but maybe worth it for this function.

Helmut

Reaction score
Agreed as well, but.... just to play devil's advocate, what if you missed a turn off at a crucial exit because you were on the phone :icon_evil: