Gingerbread?

Asphyx

Reaction score
So if I install this leak, can I update through settings>about phone>update if Motorola releases another update? Or do I have to sbf first?

I would say if Moto releases a fix for the .607 OTA they sent out (and then pulled), it will probably update correctly if your on the unrooted .607 leak as well.
The leak is really the same as the OTA just picked off their systems before verizon sent it out.

Should be no issue as long as it is stock unrooted and not deblurred.

OP
C

Cris_09

Reaction score
do i unzip the file or js copy it once downloaded?

gdgtgrl

Reaction score
This may be one of those "stupid questions", but here goes......if Moto pulled the official OTA because of the bugs, wouldn't the leaked update have those same bugs??

Asphyx

Reaction score
This may be one of those "stupid questions", but here goes......if Moto pulled the official OTA because of the bugs, wouldn't the leaked update have those same bugs??

YEP! It sure would!
But whenever they come up with the fix for those who already installed the bugged up update from the OTA you will be able to get it if you remain rooted and not deblurred (froze any programs or modified the phone.

I personally would never run my phone on the stock Moto roms, I only installed their GB to get the Kernel so I could run CM7 (which is still a WIP at the moment so I'm not suggesting everyone should try it unless your prepared to run a beta ROM.)