Gingerbread Leaked!

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
With sync, 3G and WiFi enabled, and with GMail, IMAP email push, Google+ and Twitter active:

23 hours 15 minutes on battery; 15% charge remaining. The low battery warning buzzed at around 23h 10m since unplugged.

CPU Spy reports 52% in deep sleep, 35% in 300MHz. It's almost the same as with CM7 now, looks like they fixed the ondemand scheduler.

A little later: still reports 15% left. (USB was only connected to make a screenshot; I unplug it after 3 seconds so it doesn't charge anything nor does it affect the “on battery” timer.)

battery3.png

Last edited:

pasoleatis

Reaction score
Hello,

I own a Morotola Milestone 2 bought from UK, model number A953. I made the update to Android 2.2.2 and then tried to install the leak GB. I boot in the recovery mode and try to update but I get error, "Failed to verigy wholl-file signature". What am I doing wrong?

rusty815

Reaction score
what youre doing wrong is youre using a milestone 2, this is meant for the droid 2 global, so it wont work.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Milestone 2 is similar to Droid 2. But Droid 2 firmware won't work on a Milestone 2 because Milestone 2 uses GSM.

Droid 2 Global has a different CPU and a different radio.

ttchief

Reaction score
Installed GB fine, everything looks good except, cannot get blue tooth to sync with any other blue tooth device. Any suggestions? Thx

Dfit18

Reaction score
im getting a fail message when i try to update the gb zip "signature verification failed" i am on stock 2.4.330. i download the zip renamed it and then try to apply it and i get this message. anyone else get this problem?

ObieNobie

Reaction score
2 questions.
1. Can we root this leak yet?
2. Will I have to sbf back to stock stock or can I use the stock that I'm on (nothing has been removed)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

leobg

Reaction score
2 questions.
1. Can we root this leak yet?
2. Will I have to sbf back to stock stock or can I use the stock that I'm on (nothing has been removed)

1) there is rooted release made available by P3Droid - to install it you need to be stock with all apps, rooted and bootstrapped (rooted update can only be flashed from CWM)
2) see 1) :)

Link: Gingerbread for everyone (4.5.606)Rooted/Unrooted versions

ObieNobie

Reaction score
1) there is rooted release made available by P3Droid - to install it you need to be stock with all apps, rooted and bootstrapped (rooted update can only be flashed from CWM)
2) see 1) :)

Link: Gingerbread for everyone (4.5.606)Rooted/Unrooted versions

When u say stock does that mean any OTA updates I have gotton since buyying the D2G must be removed? (Sorry new to this thing)

leobg

Reaction score
No - you must have the Dec 2010 OTA update (2.4.330) - this is your starting point. It will not install atop of original firmware (2.4.29) - you must be at the latest official release (2.4.330)

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
You need stock 2.4.330. If you had 2.4.29 initially, you must update to 2.4.330 first.

Any updates to the software you had installed matter not, unless you (on a rooted device) moved them to the system app directory and replaced the originals.

haro

Reaction score
my battery life is not much different
none root leaked GB
launcher pro
data internet on, wifi only at work
normal usage: pulse, browsing, facebook. gmail
fancy widgets, extended control, jorte n sticky note widget on home screens
autokiller memory

but not as hot as froyo .330

ObieNobie

Reaction score
Can all this be done via the phone or will I need to use a comp?