Gingerbread Leaked!

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Ah, nice. My family member just might fall in love with her D2G afterall.

captain howdy

Reaction score
I am just gonna show this:
124bngh.png

(Circle battery says 45% left)

This has never, ever happened on neither of the older firmwares or ROM's. Period!

Just for reference on a stock d2g, with everything off. No wifi, no3g just basically sitting with little usage the most I have got ids 2 days 23 hrs. As soon as I get the time I plan to test these number against the leaked version. Thou I would like a way to root with out going thru the hassle of the getting several programs 1st to get the rooted version. I would like a simple 1 click app like. z4root 1st. As I don't like the down load(pay) for bootstrappers and other programs. Just to root. Perhaps the people that made z4root will figure a way to root this leaked version. Until then I will just wait, as I am a little spooked of sf and the chances of bricking my phone, after all im irish and if there is a. .0000001 chance of things going wrong it will happen to me. I have had too much experience to take chances.
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
You can get that stuff free, there's dl links around the root and custom recovery guide. Very easy to follow, almost foolproof.

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Do I have to sbf before I update? I'm stock rooted, and would rather not lose all my data (especially not my contacts, of which there are several that won't sync with google).

export your contacts to your SD card.
goto contacts
hit menu
import/export contacts
export contacts to SD card

after you change ROM, import contacts from SD card

crumbete

Reaction score
export your contacts to your SD card.
goto contacts
hit menu
import/export contacts
export contacts to SD card

after you change ROM, import contacts from SD card

No such option exists when I hit menu.

jojoferari

Reaction score
Just my opinion here, but my battery life seems to have been nearly doubled so far. I miss cyanogen and will go back as soon as they have incorporated the benefits of the gb leak.

Is there a bloatware freezing script yet?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

BluntedByNature

Reaction score
Am I the only one having this problem?

I put the update.zip file in the root of my SDCard

when I reboot into recovery by holding X, I'm faced with an image of an android guy and a triangle above his head, nothing happens, I have to take the battery out and it reboots normal.

I'm trying this on a droid 2 global i literally got today, fresh out the refurbished box, running .330

leobg

Reaction score
with the triangle on the screen, press the magnifying glass button just under the X. Screen will come to life :) Menu is self explanatory. Use arrows to navigate up/down (hold the phone upwards with the keyboard slided open); ok to select.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Does anyone here other than me notice the little AM/PM indicator is missing? It bugs me. I'm going to try to find a way to restore it..

kvnhmmd

Reaction score
Does anyone here other than me notice the little AM/PM indicator is missing? It bugs me. I'm going to try to find a way to restore it..

That's normal. The am/pm indicator is an option in CM7, however.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Was present in 2.2 though, I don't see any reason they'd remove it. Oh well, swapped over to 24hr clock to compensate for now.

kvnhmmd

Reaction score
Was present in 2.2 though, I don't see any reason they'd remove it. Oh well, swapped over to 24hr clock to compensate for now.

Odd, well the Droid X is my main phone, the D2G is my girlfriend's phone, so I'm kinda used to my DX being that way stock. I run CM7 as my daily ROM though with the am/pm indicator turned on.