Cant boot Clockwork on Gingerbread

DMarsh508

Reaction score
I have never had this problem before. After a night of horrible mistakes on my phone and having to resort to the mcguiver method of charging my phone, I finally got it working, sbfed, and on 607 leaked gingerbread. It is also rooted with droid 3s 1 click root, and i have installed Rom Manager. After installing that, i clicked flash clockwork recovery and picked the droid 2 global. When i hit reboot into recovery, it just reboots my phone. I can not for the life of me figure out how to reboot my phone into recovery when i have gingerbread. It worked on every other installation. I want to flash Liberty3 to my phone but i cant get into CWM. PLEASE HELP ME!

rusty815

Reaction score
on stock gingerbread you need to use droid 2 bootstrap i believe, only on 2nd init roms is it necessary to install CWM from ROM manager, and even then its only necessary on a certain few roms, like MIUI, some roms like Cyanogenmod come with CWM already.

OP
D

DMarsh508

Reaction score
It is still not working. I tried using the droid 2 bootstrap and it still just boots up normally. How else could i possibly install CWM? My goal is to flash Liberty3 for D2G but the instructions say i need to flash the Zip using Clock work recovery. I cant get in it tho.

rusty815

Reaction score
Hmm, then are you sure you're rooted? Maybe try the d3 root again, then try using the droid 2 bootstrapper (bootstrap then reboot into recovery). If its still not working then I suggest you sbf and try again.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
D

DMarsh508

Reaction score
well im pretty sure i am rooted becasue i have the super user app on my phone and when i reboot in recovery it asked me fore permissions, but it jsut continues to turn on normally. Does this have anything to do with my bootloader getting locked when i sbfed? I heard somthing about it but im not sure what it really ment. The other thing i was wondering, does it matter if i use the GB leak or OTA?

rusty815

Reaction score
The bootloaders always been locked, so its not that, and it doesn't matter what version of the stock gingerbread you have installed. It might be that you have the super user apk but might not be rooted. Having the superuser apk doesn't always mean you're rooted.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Garybusy113

Reaction score
Did you give the bootstrapper app super user permissions by pressing the "bootstrap recovery" button in the app? (simple I know, but I have forgotten and have been left scratching my head hah)

OP
D

DMarsh508

Reaction score
yeah i did all of these things. I ended up just buying clockword recovery instead of using Rom manager. I was trying not to spend anything but its working fine now and i use clockwork enough to finally buy it.

ElectroGeek

Reaction score
Click "bootstrap recovery" then reboot. Pull the battery during boot and turn back on. Try a few times if it doesn't work the first time. Other than that all I can say is sbf and start fresh. I agree with the other posts about cwm recovery. I know cyanogen7gb needs droidx(2nd init) when installing cwm recovery in rom manager. Rootzwiki has detailed instructions if you can't find them here...

sent from

Droid 2 Global running CM7GB