Installing 2.3

stereoactivo

Reaction score
Problems Installing 2.3 (can't go back to 330)

Update:

I Got my phone, rooted succesfully and installed bootstraper. After that, I noticed that is possible to upgrade to 2.3... And download OTA the update. The update failed. I unrooted, uninstalled bootstraper and downloaded RSD Lite and 2.4.330, and tried to leave the phone as stock, but i'm stuck here, because when I open RSD Lite, and click to "Start" or "Show Device" button, nothing happens.

Help would be appreciated.

---------------------

Hi, I have rooted and installed bootloader to my droid 2 global. I want to know if I install the 2.3 official update from motorola, will be any problem with it?

That version is better than CM7?

Thanks! :happy3:

Last edited:

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Hi, I have rooted and installed bootloader to my droid 2 global. I want to know if I install the 2.3 official update from motorola, will be any problem with it?

That version is better than CM7?

Thanks! :happy3:

You mean bootstrap, bootloader is locked on droid 2s
Update may work if you didn't delete any stock apps
I would just install 608 zip from link in my sig

Sent from my DROID 2G w/4.5.608 using Droid Forum app

OP
stereoactivo

stereoactivo

Reaction score
You mean bootstrap, bootloader is locked on droid 2s
Update may work if you didn't delete any stock apps
I would just install 608 zip from link in my sig

Yes! Bootstrap (i'm sorry, I'm totally noob with this :happy3:)

The phone was used just today, the question is if I install the update, the root and bootstrap will be gone?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Yes! Bootstrap (i'm sorry, I'm totally noob with this :happy3:)

The phone was used just today, the question is if I install the update, the root and bootstrap will be gone?

Yes reroot with pete's one step droid 3 root

OP
stereoactivo

stereoactivo

Reaction score
Yes reroot with pete's one step droid 3 root

Thanks for your help. I have one more question. Is this update better or worst that a CM7 ROM? I am undecided between updating the official version or the CM7.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Thanks for your help. I have one more question. Is this update better or worst that a CM7 ROM? I am undecided between updating the official version or the CM7.
You need 608 to use any rom based on gingerbread
I've only used liquid and liberty
Read
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cyanogenmod-d2g/
Read if update doesn't work, good to read thread anyways
Read FAQs thread too

OP
stereoactivo

stereoactivo

Reaction score
I'm having problems installing this :(

I entered to bootstrap and use "Apply sdcard:update.zip"

and this error appears:

Code:
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "cdma_droid2we"|| getprop ("ro.build.product") == "cdma_droid2we")

E: Error in sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)

I understand that my cellphont isn't a droid 2. so... I'm very confused :blink:.

Actualy my phone has: 2.4.330.A956.Verizon.en.US, and I tried update OTA and downloading from here

OP
stereoactivo

stereoactivo

Reaction score
Are you rooted or do you have ClockworkMod installed?

I was rooted. After the error appeared, I just unrooted but without problems. Also I have bootstrap to enter to recovery and install the update.zip from there. Am I doing anything wrong?

I don't know another way, and my search didn't give to me, better results. I downloaded RSD Lite, tried with turning on the phone with the arrow pressed, the phone asks me to plug USB cable, and I'm stuck. Please help :)

Last edited:

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Also I have bootstrap to enter to recovery and install the update.zip from there.
Do you mean Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap? If so,
  1. You cannot install the official .607 and .608 updates via ClockworkMod Recovery. You have to use the stock recovery.
  2. You cannot install any of the official updates onto a system with ClockworkMod Recovery installed via the logwrapper hijack method.
To install the update, you need to root again, then use Root Explorer (or ADB shell, or any similar piece of software) to:
  1. Remount the /system filesystem in read-write mode (adb: “adb remount”; Root Explorer: the “remount r/w” button);
  2. Go to /system/bin (adb: enter shell by issuing “adb shell”, then “cd /system/bin”; GUI file managers: you get the idea);
  3. Check for the presence of logwrapper.bin there. If it's there, and only if it's there,
  4. Remove logwrapper and rename logwrapper.bin to logwrapper (adb: while still in the shell you opened at step 2, “rm logwrapper; mv logwrapper.bin logwrapper”, and “exit” to leave adb shell).

OP
stereoactivo

stereoactivo

Reaction score
Do you mean Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap? If so,

You cannot install the official .607 and .608 updates via ClockworkMod Recovery. You have to use the stock recovery.
  1. You cannot install any of the official updates onto a system with ClockworkMod Recovery installed via the logwrapper hijack method.
To install the update, you need to root again, then use Root Explorer (or ADB shell, or any similar piece of software) to:
  1. Remount the /system filesystem in read-write mode (adb: “adb remount”; Root Explorer: the “remount r/w” button);
  2. Go to /system/bin (adb: enter shell by issuing “adb shell”, then “cd /system/bin”; GUI file managers: you get the idea);
  3. Check for the presence of logwrapper.bin there. If it's there, and only if it's there,
  4. Remove logwrapper and rename logwrapper.bin to logwrapper (adb: while still in the shell you opened at step 2, “rm logwrapper; mv logwrapper.bin logwrapper”, and “exit” to leave adb shell).

Done uninstallingClockworkMod Recovery :), and unrooted the phone, but when tried to install, appears an error related with logwrapper with a String of HEX characters :(

Also tried to go back to 330, but RSD Lite doesn't recognize my phone... help please :icon_ cry::icon_ cry::icon_ cry::icon_ cry:

EDIT: Back to 330 using my GF's laptop, and installed .608, thanks all :)

Last edited: