4.5.608.en.US Woes

4173004425nlc

Reaction score
Cool alright thanks man. I did notice it gets a little father 50% now instead of 10% im going grab my friends global tomorrow its just like mine. It just hasn't been rooted

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the update list

Just reading it I still don't think it's imperative that I upgrade. But then, I had to be given a computer to move away from Windows 95, too. :)

I guess my main question is, if my system version is already 2.4.330.a956 why do I have to download and re-install it? Do the apps like Superuser, z4Root, etc., send out tendrils into the phone that just uninstalling them isn't enough?

4173004425nlc

Reaction score
I played around on my friends phone he must have the update it did a face lift it looks like I know it wouldn't let me do z4root on it I was going root it and then run titanium backup. Im going grab it again tomorrow play around with it again. A red m instead of white.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
I played around on my friends phone he must have the update it did a face lift it looks like I know it wouldn't let me do z4root on it I was going root it and then run titanium backup. Im going grab it again tomorrow play around with it again. A red m instead of white.

z4root doesn't work with 4.5.608 use pete's tools

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Just reading it I still don't think it's imperative that I upgrade. But then, I had to be given a computer to move away from Windows 95, too. :)

I guess my main question is, if my system version is already 2.4.330.a956 why do I have to download and re-install it? Do the apps like Superuser, z4Root, etc., send out tendrils into the phone that just uninstalling them isn't enough?

I believe the most likley problem is the Droid 2 Recovery if you did nothing else not mentioned
something is not stock/original
Fixing it, will likely take more time, than using an SBF I think you will need at least windows xp
Backing up your data is a good thing anyways

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)

This was answered in another thread you asked
The update is installed by the stock recovery, not CWM.

To restore your system to pre-CWM state, you need to root, and use something like Root Explorer to go to /system/bin/ and check if there's logwrapper.bin in there. If there is, delete logwrapper there, and rename logwrapper.bin to logwrapper.
That didn't seem right, try
When you say recovery, is this stock recovery, or Clockwork Recovery (i.e. you have installed bootstrapper or ROM Manager)? If it is Clockwork, there are instructions all over the place, e.g.

1. Reroot
2. Get root explorer in the market (or use a similar app)
3. Uninstall the bootstrap app
4. Go into root explorer to system/bin
5. In top right corner tap r/w
6. Delete the file called hijack
7. Delete logwrapper
8. Rename logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper
9. Reboot and it should be gone.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Last edited:

4173004425nlc

Reaction score
Someone needs to do a sbf youtube lol. I see the steps but a little training wouldn't hurt

4173004425nlc

Reaction score
Thanks. I was just going go dang im slow lol because just google it. But thanks for the video that will help me out in the morning when I do it. Hey if I update does that kill the rooting because I use the rooted teathering allot? I just notice it on my friends phone I couldn't use z4root it would close out

Last edited:

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
themib, the “hijack” binary doesn't affect update in any way since it's not checked against anything in the update scripts; so you don't have to remove it. Just restoring logwrapper is enough.

silver6054

Reaction score
themib, the “hijack” binary doesn't affect update in any way since it's not checked against anything in the update scripts; so you don't have to remove it. Just restoring logwrapper is enough.

Right, the longer instructions I listed were originally for a different problem, some people were getting into a state where every reboot caused the phone to go into clockwork first, and that was how to fix that (or rather, how to treat the symptom as it gets rid of a useful tool!) But it also works here of course, just some extra steps.