4.5.608.en.US Woes

FmE4ymbA

Reaction score
My Install failed. Specifically, the yellow bar gets about 10%, then it reboots, and in a few seconds a modal dialog box named 'Update Status' pops up with the message 'The software update failed!', and an [OK] button

Anyone else having trouble with 4.5.608.en.US? workarounds? Has anyone been ABLE to successfully install this update?

I'm rooted, but not rommed, and I have removed the facebook and blockbuster crap. Is there a reason why either of those would be a problem?

Last edited:

iguanad

Reaction score
Blockbuster is not a stand alone app. It is a system app. This might be you problem.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

SteveIrv

Reaction score
Why exactly, does that break updates?

Because the update "wants" a clean install onto a stock system. The update won't install on a rooted phone either.

Sounds like you need to restore your phone back to a stock version of the firmware and then try the update again.

sickside

Reaction score
Because the update "wants" a clean install onto a stock system. The update won't install on a rooted phone either.

Sounds like you need to restore your phone back to a stock version of the firmware and then try the update again.

My phone is rooted and took the update just fine

lwags67

Reaction score
I thought elsewhere we were told the update would unroot the phone for us and install. Mine won't install either. Rooted, but install fails. Nothing deleted except for Cardock. Tried unrooting, but Pete's OneClick says cannot find the backup file. Looks like I am stuck at 607. But don't use Exchange, so no biggie, I guess. SBF'ing is beyond what I can or want to do.

silver6054

Reaction score
I thought elsewhere we were told the update would unroot the phone for us and install. Mine won't install either. Rooted, but install fails. Nothing deleted except for Cardock. Tried unrooting, but Pete's OneClick says cannot find the backup file. Looks like I am stuck at 607. But don't use Exchange, so no biggie, I guess. SBF'ing is beyond what I can or want to do.

Generally the advice is to restore all "bloatware" before updating. Did you delete or freeze cardock? If the latter, try unfreezing and try the update again.

lwags67

Reaction score
Deleted it using Titanium Pro. Trying to restore now. Running but taking a long time. Cardock may be a system file also.

silver6054

Reaction score
Deleted it using Titanium Pro. Trying to restore now. Running but taking a long time. Cardock may be a system file also.

Yes, it is part of the system. If you ever do this again, freeze with TP rather than delete. Unfreezing is quick!

lwags67

Reaction score
Restored Cardock. Everthing unfrozen. No deleted apps. Still fails with no explanation.

silver6054

Reaction score
My phone is rooted and took the update just fine

Did you update from Froyo or from 4.5.607? At least for the soak test, the update from Froyo to .607 required you to be unrooted. .607 to .608 doesn't.