Update 2.4.330.en.US failed?

dja328

Reaction score
(Ok Im sorry if there's a thread about this already)

I have a rooted d2g and the update 2.4.330.en.US always fails. I have not removed any bloatware (even doublechecked with the d2g system dump). I also have unrooted the phone AND deleted all my root apps and the update still fails! The install bar gets to about 30% and then the android guy:greendroid: pops up with an exclamation point then the phone reboots

I know the update is simple but it just annoys me how I my phone wont install the update.

Any help is greatly appreciated:)

OP
D

dja328

Reaction score
well here's what happened...I was stupid and I tried to install a rom but I didn't know it was only for droid2 not global. my friend sbf it for me and it was restored and I made no backup....so he already sbf'ed it

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bikedude880

Reaction score
There is a 2.4.330 sbf floating around as well...

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.

OP
D

dja328

Reaction score
alright thanks!

silver6054

Reaction score
well here's what happened...I was stupid and I tried to install a rom but I didn't know it was only for droid2 not global. my friend sbf it for me and it was restored and I made no backup....so he already sbf'ed it

I would SF again. Sounds like it isn't quite right as far as the update checker is concerned (even if the phone is fully functional )

Y

Yeggman

I have a d2g rooted and the update doesn't work for me either. I may have downloaded some d2 roms accidently as well. How did you fix yours DJA? What you guys were talking about is too technical for me (SBF??) If you could xplain in noob terms, I would greatly appreciate it. I know I. Know if I don't k ow what I'm doing why is my phone rooted in the first place. Well because I'm afraid that motoral will make a patch to cancle it out, so when I know what the hell I'm doing id be totally boned. Thnx

OP
D

dja328

Reaction score
I actually never got the update because I didn't feel like sbf'ing...to sbf means (correct me if I'm wrong) to restore your phone to factory settings. like restoring all the files that came with the phone. so like if the phone is bricked you can just run the sbf to restore it. And I accindently downloaded a d2 rom and it bricked my phone so I sbf'ed it. there's tutorials out there that will show you how to sbf

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I actually never got the update because I didn't feel like sbf'ing...to sbf means (correct me if I'm wrong) to restore your phone to factory settings. like restoring all the files that came with the phone. so like if the phone is bricked you can just run the sbf to restore it. And I accindently downloaded a d2 rom and it bricked my phone so I sbf'ed it. there's tutorials out there that will show you how to sbf

It can cure a SOFT brick but not a hard brick. There is a difference, otherwise yes it restores the phone back to stock, assuming you follow the directions and do a wipe after.

As for your rom trouble, you need to use the romer tool in the Get R Done forums. Flash it over your D2 rom, depending on the rom of course.