4.5.608.en.US and Z4root

Reaction score
I just successfully installed the 4.5.608.en.US update. I use Z4root to root my D2G. I unrooted before the update. Now when I try to run Z4root and choose Permanent Root it just hangs.

Anyone have a suggestion?

CC

leobg

Reaction score
Exploit used in Z4root is patched on GB release. But as above poster said D3 exploit that was found is applicable to all GB Motorola phones at the time, including new GB for D2g. It is super easy to use, but you will need a computer to perform it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Its really easy to use. Just set your usb mode to charge only, open the program and it does the rest for you.

mr.inter

Reaction score
Z4Root can only be used to unroot when on GB, to root again you need to use the Droid 3 root method via a pc, as others said in this thread.

captain howdy

Reaction score
Z4Root can only be used to unroot when on GB, to root again you need to use the Droid 3 root method via a pc, as others said in this thread.

Ok? You are saying that if you use D3 root (as its the only way to root on GB) that z4root will unroot? No need for sbf?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

mr.inter

Reaction score
Yes I managed to unroot GB using Z4root after I had previously rooted using D3 root. I did this for the 4.5.608 update and it installed successfully.

OP
Captain Canuck
Reaction score
After I got past a device driver issue everything worked smooth as silk. Thanks Folks!!!

Though it does appear no wireless tether. :angry:

Oh well.

CC

leobg

Reaction score
BTW - 608 update installs over 607 without unrooting.