Update from. 330

tranzphormed

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a rooted d2g with stock rom, I am getting update on air and it downloads . My phone reboots to a triangle and the to home screen giving error message as update failed. Can any one help how to update my phone. My current version is 2.4.330.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

silver6054

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a rooted d2g with stock rom, I am getting update on air and it downloads . My phone reboots to a triangle and the to home screen giving error message as update failed. Can any one help how to update my phone. My current version is 2.4.330.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

There are lots of posts on this!

Quick things:

1) Need to unroot before updating
2) All "bloatware" needs to be present. If you have frozen some, unfreeze it, if you have deleted some, you need to get it back (from a backup, from someone else, from SBFing)
3) If you used bootstrap, you will need to remove it, search for logwrapper in this forum
4) If you modified any system files, they need to be changed back

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
Okay... on this same subject.... my phone was rooted during the update, though I did unfreeze my bloatware before hand. Once the update completed, I was no longer rooted, though Superuser downloaded from the market was still there. I rooted again, but only Bloat Freezer recognized the root, not Titanium Backup or Copy Paste. I then rerooted and still same thing. Any ideas?

D2G rooted.

silver6054

Reaction score
Okay... on this same subject.... my phone was rooted during the update, though I did unfreeze my bloatware before hand. Once the update completed, I was no longer rooted, though Superuser downloaded from the market was still there. I rooted again, but only Bloat Freezer recognized the root, not Titanium Backup or Copy Paste. I then rerooted and still same thing. Any ideas?

D2G rooted.
How did you try to root after the upgrade to Gingerbread? (Don't say Z4root...)

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
No, I used one root. I did try z4 after update to GB (not knowing it was not compatible), but it just failed. Since then I've uninstalled z4.

D2G rooted.

Last edited:

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
Did a root check... here are the results:

Root Access is not properly configured or was not granted.

Superuser.apk - com.noshufou.android.su -version 3.0.6 is installed!

System Environment PATH: /sbin /vendor/bin /system/sbin /system/bin /system/xbin

The adb binary is set to default shell user access as a standard non-root user

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/bin/su: -rwxr-xr-xroot shell 22228 2011-09-26 16:33 su

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/xbin/su: -rwsr-xr-xroot root 26264 2010-09-20 10:20 su

Alternate su binary location: /sbin/su: Permission denied

Alternate su type binary location: /system/xbin/sudo: No such file or directory

SU binary not found or not operating properly

D2G rooted.

silver6054

Reaction score
No, I used one root. I did try z4 after update to GB (not knowing it was not compatible), but it just failed. Since then I've uninstalled z4.

D2G rooted.

Is this Pete's One Click Root? I would try to unroot and see if that works, then try rooting again.

Failing that, in the past (after accepting a SU update) I had to SBF back to Froyo and update again. You probably want to avoid that...

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
Is this Pete's One Click Root? I would try to unroot and see if that works, then try rooting again.

Failing that, in the past (after accepting a SU update) I had to SBF back to Froyo and update again. You probably want to avoid that...

Yes, it was Pete's One Click Root. I will try to unroot first... I did not do that before. I was curious about the SBF, wouldn't it be gingerbread now with the official update? Also, I'm still unclear about CM7... Is that Froyo or GB? Thanks for all your help!

D2G rooted.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
There is no Gingerbread SBF available at the moment.

There are both Froyo (now EOL) and Gingerbread builds of CM7.

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
Gasai, I have to yet again SBF my phone... more dead pixels... ARRG! Anyway, now that I'm running Gingerbread, may I assume it will go back to Froyo? Also, and more importantly, which version of RSD would you recommend? I have 4.8 & 4.9... Thanks again for you knowledge and help!

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
There's an SBF image for 4.5.608 available, check rootzwiki for example.

I use RSDLite 5.6.

OP
T

tranzphormed

Reaction score
can you please provide the link where the SBF image is and also the instructions for it

Last edited:

silver6054

Reaction score
Gasai, I have to yet again SBF my phone... more dead pixels... ARRG! Anyway, now that I'm running Gingerbread, may I assume it will go back to Froyo? Also, and more importantly, which version of RSD would you recommend? I have 4.8 & 4.9... Thanks again for you knowledge and help!
Well, I am not Gasai, but now there is a gingerbread (4.5.608) SBF. See DROID 2 Global 4.5.608 Full SBF Released – Droid Life
Haven't actually tried it yet, so if you do, let us know!

Oh, the embedded link on Droid Life goes to megeupload, which has been shut down. You may be able to find the file (VRZ_A956_4.5.608_1FF_01.sbf) elsewhere. Looks like there is one at http://www.theandroidsource.com/dro...8-droid2-global-sbf-rsd-lite-usb-drivers.html

Last edited:

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! It all worked and now I have to call asurion to get this piece of crap replaced... again (5th one).

D2G rooted.