OTA error "The software update failed!"

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
monkeyass408 said:
[go to the link... watch the video. download the file. VRZ_XT875_5.9.902.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml.zip. FXZ with rsd lite. Once phone is back up take the OTA to .905 then again OTA to .246 ICS.

back up all your apps and restore it once on ics if you dont want to start fresh.

sorry that site is old and the files are no longer there... try this site
http://www.bionicforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-development/2647-bionic-file-links-902-905-download.html

but for those that never done it... watch the dmx show before fxz.

Dude stop posting obsolete fxz links

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .246 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
lm2 said:
And I can fxz the .246 straight from a forever rooted 905, yes?

Yes cuz its not an update its an fxz just like fxzs 886-905 but u will lose forever root plus forever root is obsolete it was only created cuz the root methods had to be updated on every GB update not the case anymore

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .246 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums

Kaiyu

Reaction score
Another bionic owner with failed OTA.. contacted verizon help email that I was told to go through...with out giving me a way to resolve the issue they simply told me we have been seeing this issue with people who have rooted their phones or installed 3rd party apps.... I have done neither of these on this device. I did a factory reset several times and probably the 12-15 times I downloaded the updated it would fail each time... with no help from them, I decided to follow your guys suggestions and installed the .246 fxz and it went off without a hitch.. Only question is I havent seen 4g pop up since the install. Is there something I failed to do properly?
When I go to mobile network settings "network mode is ghosted but it says preffered mode LTE/CDMA and also under strength it doesnt list a 4g strength.... any insight?
Thanks for help.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Another bionic owner with failed OTA.. contacted verizon help email that I was told to go through...with out giving me a way to resolve the issue they simply told me we have been seeing this issue with people who have rooted their phones or installed 3rd party apps.... I have done neither of these on this device. I did a factory reset several times and probably the 12-15 times I downloaded the updated it would fail each time... with no help from them, I decided to follow your guys suggestions and installed the .246 fxz and it went off without a hitch.. Only question is I havent seen 4g pop up since the install. Is there something I failed to do properly?
When I go to mobile network settings "network mode is ghosted but it says preffered mode LTE/CDMA and also under strength it doesnt list a 4g strength.... any insight?
Thanks for help.

4G wont pop up unless you are geting a 4G signal.
The setting is correct & cant be changed in the system settings.

This is a catch all excuse for them "we have been seeing this issue with people who have rooted their phones or installed 3rd party apps"

lm2

Reaction score
Thanks for help.

I did the FXZ of .246 on top of a rooted .905 today and it worked great, 4G and all. Hope you figure yours out soon.