No gingerbread?! Plz be wrong

kingsway8605

Reaction score

Verizon is looking out for you and won't allow a bug filled OS to be pushed to your phone until Motorola fixes them. Why are you complaining?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

OP
MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
i just hate bad news in a delay! that's all, yes im glad its gonna be fixed, but still i hate this! grrrr this happened to me with MOTO last time! blah, im going to a rom. eff this GB update

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Whats it matter? Its bloat loaded and wont even be android 2.3.4 most likely so it wont even be the most current. We have CM7 booting off froyo (and it 2nd-init which allows it to boot doesnt play nice with the GB kernel). CM (or any source build) is infinitely better than whatever blur-infested crap moto pushes out.... The only good thing that might come from the GB update would be updated lib's and the possibility of an unlocked bootloader *if* (and a very very big if) moto does the same as they did with the atrix.

/end rant

OP
MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
Whats it matter? Its bloat loaded and wont even be android 2.3.4 most likely so it wont even be the most current. We have CM7 booting off froyo (and it 2nd-init which allows it to boot doesnt play nice with the GB kernel). CM (or any source build) is infinitely better than whatever blur-infested crap moto pushes out.... The only good thing that might come from the GB update would be updated lib's and the possibility of an unlocked bootloader *if* (and a very very big if) moto does the same as they did with the atrix.

/end rant

i just want to run either cm7 on my d2g, or Gb that is rooted. thats all, and i thought i should post the latest info, keeps ppl informed, thats all. granted i worded it wrong.. dont wanna scare, just inform

jojoferari

Reaction score
Thanks so much for sharing; I feel like bad news is better than no news.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
Someone chime in if they can... I heard with anything under 2.3 there is a huge wifi security flaw, someone can take your sensitive information if you connect to their hub. Is this true? Isn't this a HUGE reason why one would want the update? Do custom Roms address this?

jb0072011

Reaction score
Personally I do not give a flying f**k about GB. What I would be happy with is if possible to release the updated radio to hopefully fix all these problems on GSM with a foreign SIM. I wonder why they have not done so already? Isn't the radio drivers/firmware independent more or less of the kernal? I saw with my G1 they released 2 radio updates independent of the OS

captain howdy

Reaction score
This is like the boy that cried wolf! First verizion is ready to push out the up date until Motorola said stop. Now Motorola is ready and its verizion screaming stop. Really? And as the second link stated there is no official word from either company's.

Asphyx

Reaction score
Two points to make here...

One is that the bugs whatever they are weren't bad enough to be discovered during testing so how bad could they be that they need to delay the release? And they can make another bug free update and send OTA anytime they want so there really was no real GOOD reason to delay the update.

That said I doubt more than .2% of you actually intend to run the OTA for more than a few hours and even if you got it would quickly be trying to SBF back because Biker and 13th got some libs he needed to finish the port of CM7.

Pretty much every piece of software has bugs and the good ones have bugs you will never notice.

So VZW should just let Moto handle thier software, notify them of any issues and fix them in a later OTA patch.

And they are delaying even for a day I see no reason for them not to add the unlock to the bootloader so we folks who are much better at bug freer software can make our own operating system and fixes without any further effort on thier part!

Release what you got and update when you got more!
At least we will then have the stuff needed to get the phone to act the way it should while they are fumbling on software rollouts.

Last edited:

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The only thing with unlocking the bootloader is that its not entirely up to Moto and VZW has been the one pushing for locked.

I agree with most of that though, they should just release it even though to be honest i wouldnt run it. I would just get the ota update, pull the libs out and then go back to cm7.

Asphyx

Reaction score
The only thing with unlocking the bootloader is that its not entirely up to Moto and VZW has been the one pushing for locked.

I agree with most of that though, they should just release it even though to be honest i wouldnt run it. I would just get the ota update, pull the libs out and then go back to cm7.

First thing 13th is that was the second time I noticed that I failed to give you proper credit for working on CM7 so I apologize for the oversight and edited my post to reflect it properly. LOL Please forgive.

And the whole reason I want them to release (or at least leak) whatever they have is precisely so I can stay on my current rom 2.2 Froyo, Not have to SBF back so I can jump right into the installer for CM74D2G once you guys have finished it! LOL

Basically thier idea of perfect/stable has more to do with their business practices than reality, and I don't expect to ever see an unlocked Bootloader on a D2G before I go 4G...

But at least release what you have, one way or another (official or leak) so that those of us who know how a phone is supposed to work can make it work that way! LOL

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
First thing 13th is that was the second time I noticed that I failed to give you proper credit for working on CM7 so I apologize for the oversight and edited my post to reflect it properly. LOL Please forgive.

And the whole reason I want them to release (or at least leak) whatever they have is precisely so I can stay on my current rom 2.2 Froyo, Not have to SBF back so I can jump right into the installer for CM74D2G once you guys have finished it! LOL

Basically thier idea of perfect/stable has more to do with their business practices than reality, and I don't expect to ever see an unlocked Bootloader on a D2G before I go 4G...

But at least release what you have, one way or another (official or leak) so that those of us who know how a phone is supposed to work can make it work that way! LOL

lol, tbh Bikedude is doing most of the work and im just bug hunting. Since I havent heard from him in a few days (been busy with work) I decided to compile off his latest so about to test that.

Just stay on a custom rom then and its not a problem. You cant update then. Thats what im doing lol. When its released i'll sbf back and get the update but not until then.

I agree though, its a shame how it works out because rather than whats better you get what gets the company more money.

Asphyx

Reaction score
Hey your on the team you deserve some credit too! LOL

I would not take the OTA or flash back to stock unless I knew the soaktest was already started and no one in the test group had bothered to take it for passing onto the community.

But I would rather stay with my Fission for now as it works and just wait for the OS I was hoping to be able to run on the phone when I bought it.

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
idk if I am on the team or not lol. I have been testing any builds I've gotten and going to try compiling from GIT later this week. Must say though, The barebones custom CM is really ****ing fast on this thing. I can break 21 Mflop/s when overclocked.