No gingerbread?! Plz be wrong

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great input! Almost all the stock apps with my d2g I've replaced with 3rd party apps... I'm using Power amp for music, Lock Screne for... you know, and even trying to find a good replacement for the stock camera. It seems internal customization doesn't sound that important to me as long as i can still use the Go launcher. :) Again, this has been a great help and I can't wait to flash my ROM! Thanks again!

Sent from D2G

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
Hey y'all... I just got Gingerbread on my D2G this morning! Unfortunately, I have to send this phone back because of heating/charging issues, but the new one is coming in today. Hopefully, the newest one today will get the update as well. Crossing fingers. :)

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
I'm just about ready to install CM7. I downloaded and installed Droid Bootstrapper and ROM Manager. However, I'm a bit confused how these apps work... do they work separately or is the bootstrap app connected to the ROM Manager? If someone has a link to do all this, I greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
You just ooz good information... glad I didn't go there, I would have been disappointed. Since I do have ROM Manager, do you recommend any ROMS for the D2G (gingerbread) that are stable and useful? Again, thank you and keep oozing. |-)

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Not sure what is “oozing” but it sounds offensive.

Anyway, there aren't many ROMs that can be installed via ROM Manager, and those that can require ROMer to patch them to be used on a D2G. So, no clue. I only used CM7.

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
Not sure what is “oozing” but it sounds offensive.

Oozing is not offensive, just means a slow, steady output (I'm in the medical field, so I use words like this in their denotative form). Sorry if I did offend though. Thanks again for your info... greatly appreciated!

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the stock screen lock file name is? I want to freeze or uninstall it, but can't find the little bugger. Thanks y'all!

D2G rooted.