Gingerbread battery drain

DroidNewbie41

Reaction score
My DROID x would get at least 12 hrs before charging with moderate use. After updating to GB this morning my battery usage has dropped considerably. To my knowledge no settings were changed. Really annoying. Anyone else experiencing quick battery drain? I've both shut the phone down and pulled the battery with same results.

Yes I push email and news feeds but did same on froyo and didn't experience a drain like this.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

xan

Reaction score
So far GB has been slightly better for me than froyo.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My DROID x would get at least 12 hrs before charging with moderate use. After updating to GB this morning my battery usage has dropped considerably. To my knowledge no settings were changed. Really annoying. Anyone else experiencing quick battery drain? I've both shut the phone down and pulled the battery with same results.

Yes I push email and news feeds but did same on froyo and didn't experience a drain like this.

I have been watching updates come out for over 2 years now on Android and Blackberry. I have never seen any update come out where someone doesn't complain about the battery. Never.

Probably the reason your battery life is shorter is you're using it more. It's human nature, you're looking at what's new. The display sucks up more battery life then anything else.

I've see people report that they had bad battery life initially but that it seemed to go back to normal in a couple of weeks. Of course it did, they stopped playing with it.

I think you ought to give it a couple of weeks and then judge your battery life. I'll bet it gets back to normal.

OP
D

DroidNewbie41

Reaction score
It is possible. I will give it a couple weeks and post again.

One bug that is new - it does not display my corporate sync under my accounts anymore but won't allow me to add it back as it says it is already an established acct. I can't delete it to try and set up again as it doesn't show up on my accrued list. Thoughts?

BeKure

Reaction score
It is also wise to do a battery pull right after updating the rom.

Emitted from my Droid X via TapaTalk

nanookz

Reaction score
I have noticed the same battery drain issue. My phone now seems to be hot and the data upload and download seems to be constantly sending data. Also it seems to have a hard time switching from 1x to 3g. If I switch it to airplane mode and then turn it off it will switch back to 3g.

bcarthur27

Reaction score

I agree. I have seen a considerable increase in battery consumption since GB update. Not using the phone any more than I have in the past. It is just draining faster.

OP
D

DroidNewbie41

Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one noticing this! Didn't think I was using phone any more than usual but was/am still interested in watching to see if I do. Bigger concern is corporate sync - doesn't work properly for me since update. Pulled battery twice with no change. It syncs my email but not my calendar. And while corporate sync shows up in my email it doesn't show up in my accounts so I can't delete the account and re-add it back. I liked GB up until battery drain and sync issues. I can live with battery drain but can't live without my work calendar.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Gingerbread drains battery very quickly!

Ever since updating ive noticed that.gb is just killing my battery I dont know why all the motorola widgets are constantly running even.though I took them off my homescreen and slapped lpp over my launcher still they are constantly running ill have 100% then.i check.my.phone ill.end up at 90 then 70 anyone notice this? Should.i wipe batt stats is there a way to fix this?

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
Ever since updating ive noticed that.gb is just killing my battery I dont know why all the motorola widgets are constantly running even.though I took them off my homescreen and slapped lpp over my launcher still they are constantly running ill have 100% then.i check.my.phone ill.end up at 90 then 70 anyone notice this? Should.i wipe batt stats is there a way to fix this?

Get the free application 'battery calibration'. It will reset all that is needed from my experience. Also check your screen brightness. I have been running gingerbread leak 573 for two months now and by far the largest drain on my Droid X is the screen brightness. I have mine set for no more than 25%.

Natey2

Reaction score
I notice a slight increase in battery drain too. Is your account sync icon always visible? Mine is, and I don't know yet if it is trying to continuously sync.
I hear one needs to do a factory reset to fix that. Or, delete and recreate all Yahoo and corporate sync accounts... What a pain.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

gzodrow12

Reaction score
I have the same issue. My battery went down 40% in two hours. Battery manager shows nothing unusual.

nanookz

Reaction score
Today I started trouble shooting my battery drainage. Like the other poster I would lose 40% over 2 hours with constant data usage. I removed both my corporate account and then my yahoo. Didn't see much change. I removed the program lookout and the data seem to stop. I added my yahoo back and the an hour later added my corporate account. I think that the problem was the lookout program. My battery drainage seems to be back to normal and the up and down arrows for data are not constantly on. My other problem was that the droidx seem to have a hard time switching from 1x to 3g. After these changes that doesn't seem to be a problem. I haven't added lookout back yet. I wanted to give it a day to make sure everything was back to normal. But like pcs I have seen AV programs cause problems.

belanova

Reaction score
I hate the battery life (GINGERBREAD)

hello
I installed on my droid x gingerbread but my phone battery is bad in 3 hours is about half of the battery!
any recommendations?:icon_evil: