Gingerbread battery drain

mr.foo

Reaction score
Gingerbread has a good battery report (usage by app). Go to Settings, Battery & data manager and then Battery usage. Go find your culprits. Have you rebooted since it started?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Bwalters613

Reaction score
Battery drain.

Pretty simple...until I updated to Gingerbread, I could use my DroidX all day long for mail, calls...etc. For months and months. Bluetooth was always on, but only actually came on when it connected to a paired device. Now? I am lucky to get 6 or so hours of life from my battery, with the same settings. GPS off, screen auto, wi-fi off....this upgrade, from that perspective has been, was just awful. Trying every trick I can find to get something worthwhile from battery usage. Wonder if I can go back to Froyo? (No, my device is not rooted).

Bwalters613

Reaction score
Guess mine is just an angry exception (even though I am seeing a lot of posts similar). Glad yours is working great...mine, however, not a huge amount of use if I can't carry it all day without charging it. Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me why it would get this much worse.

And it reset my locked screen so I have to swipe to answer/ignore when I just had to press the button...and I can't find that setting again to change it!

GeXX

Reaction score
Have you looked to see what is using your battery? You may have a extra app running that should not be..

kevinkar

Reaction score
I'm currently showing 70% after 1d 10h 21m on battery. That's par for me. I see no difference after GB.

thinman72069

Reaction score
Quickly draining mine too since the update. Battery getting hot too.

nfj79

Reaction score
I've notice my battery life has gotten worse since GB. Usage is about the same.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem and I haven't changed any settings. I could implement more battery saving techniques to reduce the consumption, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that Gingerbread consumes more battery.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Threads merged. Droid X/Gingerbread people. Please search for existing threads before creating new ones.

Natey2

Reaction score
Threads merged.

Thanks for merging the threads! It was harder getting various bits of info from multiple threads...

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

JackJuice

Reaction score
Having the same problems as everyone else regarding battery life. Also, my corporate sync has shut down completely and will not work, which has gotten me in major trouble twice. Need this solved asap.

OP
D

DroidNewbie41

Reaction score
I ended up doing a factory reset to fix my corporate sync issues. Battery life a little better but not much.

Snow02

Reaction score
Run your battery down all the way one time. The system needs to know where the bottom is to accurately report % left.