Browswer Draining Battery??

pionero

Reaction score
You guys should just buy the extended battery from vzw. I bought it and it's been so much better than stock it's not even funny. Yesterday with my normal usage (mild to heavy) i was at 50% after sixteen hours...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

But how much bulkier is the larger battery?

Some people ***** about how "bulky" the X is now with the regular battery.

trebb

Reaction score
It's really not that much bulkier. I don't even notice it at all with my case on. And without it, it's barely noticeable. The X is not a bulky phone at all- large, yes, but bulky...no. it's so thin.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rishi P

Reaction score
i was very tempted to buy it yday at the store....and i think i may be doing so next week...i jus keep thinking this new update will solve all of our battery problems?

edit - i'm guessing this extended battery takes longer to charge too??

Last edited:

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree, Droid X is big but not bulky. It is light too. The extended battery makes it a tiny bit thicker. There are pix of this somewhere on this board.

i was very tempted to buy it yday at the store....and i think i may be doing so next week...i jus keep thinking this new update will solve all of our battery problems?

Rishi, did you try the "use my location" workaround?

Dial *#*#4636#*#* to figure out what's using your battery.

OP
R

Rishi P

Reaction score
:icon_evil:
I agree, Droid X is big but not bulky. It is light too. The extended battery makes it a tiny bit thicker. There are pix of this somewhere on this board.

Rishi, did you try the "use my location" workaround?

Dial *#*#4636#*#* to figure out what's using your battery.

I already that location thing setup like that and I just dialed that number but it doesn't show what exactly is using my battery just says battery health is good and other things like the battery level

I used the app "battery history" and it clearly shows the browser is eating my battery

I am not beggining to think this phone just eats battery on it's own...I have barely used the browser this morning and I am already down to 50, i do not have task killer running so I do no know what is killing my battery...

edit - do you have any other suggestions, you seem like you know your stuff

lterry913

Reaction score
I would just go to the store where you bought and seem if they will swap out the battery...i have heard of a few people getting low battery life and a swap fixes it..i have read in a few posts here that they will do this for free sometimes if your battery is really that bad.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
edit - do you have any other suggestions, you seem like you know your stuff

I'm trying. So browser is eating your battery. That's weird! What windows do you have open in the browser? Are you using the browser a lot?

This thread discusses a bunch of things tried to work around the droid x "no sleep" bug so you might find some info there: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...6788-droid-x-battery-problems-discovered.html

As of now, we kinda think that turning off "use my network location" is the key, but before we figured that out we had to do more:
-after charging, unplug phone, reboot phone (if phone is off while charging, start up phone, unplug phone, reboot phone)
-turn gps off when not in use (usually, you can leave it on, but not with the bug)
-turn wifi off when not in use (usually, you can leave it on, but not with the bug)

Again, the current thinking is that these steps are no longer necessary as long as network location is off, but who knows?