My Battery Manifesto

OP
Immolate

Immolate

Reaction score
No problem stryguy. I expect people to assume I'm just another advocacy fanboy or self-appointed stuffed shirt authority, because that's often what you encounter. But I don't offend easily and I really do want to help people get better informed. I think that you last post was fantastic! You really helped me to understand some things from a technical perspective that I was taking on faith. I like to know how things work, and take much pleasure in the knowing.

Added commentary in no way related to stryguy [after reading comments at engadget about an article on how Droid X suffers similar problems to iPhone4]...

I understand being emotionally attached to a piece of tech as a lot of us are to our Droids and iPhones. I also understand that this is a bug, not a feature of the human psyche when it comes to forming a larger community. If you want to be tribal, join little league (or coach it). Everyone enjoys a little spirited debate, but keep it to the realm of truth and everyone benefits, even the loser.

People hammer people on the internet because there is almost no chance of negative consequence. It's unfortunate, but a useful reminder that in a world without laws, many people behave lawlessly. Protected by this philosophical armor, you'll be mentally prepared when the zombies come... and they are coming.

[edit] Oh and stryguy, you seem to know a great deal about the subject. If anything I wrote in my OP is misleading, incorrect or requires additional information, please let me know and I'll update it to avoid providing poor advise.

Reaction score
No problem stryguy. I expect people to assume I'm just another advocacy fanboy or self-appointed stuffed shirt authority, because that's often what you encounter. But I don't offend easily and I really do want to help people get better informed. I think that you last post was fantastic! You really helped me to understand some things from a technical perspective that I was taking on faith. I like to know how things work, and take much pleasure in the knowing.

Added commentary in no way related to stryguy [after reading comments at engadget about an article on how Droid X suffers similar problems to iPhone4]...

I understand being emotionally attached to a piece of tech as a lot of us are to our Droids and iPhones. I also understand that this is a bug, not a feature of the human psyche when it comes to forming a larger community. If you want to be tribal, join little league (or coach it). Everyone enjoys a little spirited debate, but keep it to the realm of truth and everyone benefits, even the loser.

People hammer people on the internet because there is almost no chance of negative consequence. It's unfortunate, but a useful reminder that in a world without laws, many people behave lawlessly. Protected by this philosophical armor, you'll be mentally prepared when the zombies come... and they are coming.

[edit] Oh and stryguy, you seem to know a great deal about the subject. If anything I wrote in my OP is misleading, incorrect or requires additional information, please let me know and I'll update it to avoid providing poor advise.

teamwork makes the dream work!!!!!!!! dancedroid