Gingerbread battery drain

tacticalfats

Reaction score
This thread removes any doubt I had:

I will not be updating. I see no benefits other than cosmetic ones. I cannot risk losing corporate sync and the Android battery life (compared to the Blackberry) is already marginal.

Sent using the Tapatalk app on my Droid X...

Snow02

Reaction score
You're only hearing from those with a perceived problem. You don't hear all the people without a problem because no one posts "hey this is great" threads.

It's a testament to the adage in advertising that when people have a great experience they might tell one or two people, but when they have a bad one they'll tell ten.

thinman72069

Reaction score
Nothing "perceived" about this particular issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

xan

Reaction score
This thread removes any doubt I had:

I will not be updating. I see no benefits other than cosmetic ones. I cannot risk losing corporate sync and the Android battery life (compared to the Blackberry) is already marginal.

Sent using the Tapatalk app on my Droid X...
Same as froyo for me.

cccmhhh

Reaction score
I have battery issues

My battery is junk once again with GB. I use Juice Defender and I am lucky to go half a day now where I could go all day before. All other battery tricks are being used just like before. This reminds me of the old Blackberry update days.

karmann18

Reaction score
Droid X Gingerbread battery life!

So I just installed Gingerbread OTA and my battery life is pathetic! It drains while sitting idle. What is using the battery is the com.motorola.contact. ect

It is the motorola contacts and email sync system.

Any suggestions on how to reduce the use of my battery? Is there an app that is wasting my battery? Can I fix this without a factory reset?

thinman72069

Reaction score
Getting a high % of battery drain from two new culprits that were never there before the update: "Phone idle" & "Cell standby"
Everything else looks like the usual suspects I'm accustomed to seeing when I audit my battery usage.

Next to screen time, these two are #2 & #3 on % of biggest battery drainers. And combined account for about half of my battery usage.

rwaustin

Reaction score
This dam fancy looking interface GB sucks. Lost my z4root and battery goes fast mostly to the display. Any suggestions.

Reaction score
My battery is fine maybe drains little faster. Display has always been my main drain and still is
The cell standby and cell radio have been draining my boyfriends though. So I guess it goes to show different phones act differently ...

Leung

Reaction score
hello
I installed on my droid x gingerbread but my phone battery is bad in 3 hours is about half of the battery!
any recommendations?:icon_evil:

I noticed this too when i tried out the OTA Gingerbread. I had a full battery when did the update. about 80% afterwards completing the update. about 4 hours later i was down to 20% and no i was not messing with it.

mikemnc

Reaction score
I have noticed this to on my DX. I will be lurking for some suggestions...

Zog

Reaction score
Roms really help the battery. Getting all the bloat off is mandatory imo. I get an avg of 15 hours per charge with moderate use.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am on ZombieStomped ROM and the .595 leak and my battery life is great. Better than Froyo.

All the GB battery issues I have seen have been from the OTA

sent from my ZombieStomped X

Snow02

Reaction score
Guys, it's normal for battery life to be a little off after going to a new rom. Just run your battery down all the way one time, and then give it a few charge cycles to calibrate properly. There is no question gingerbread battery life is superior to froyo.