Downloading drains the battery like CRAZY!!

dmarz45

Reaction score
Today I was driving in the car and I had about 40-50% battery remaining. I used an app called GTunes to download 3 songs and all of a sudden my battery just instantly drained and the phone shut off. It seems that when Im using a WiFi connection the battery doesnt drain much at all when Im downloading, but when Im using the network connection to download the battery drains VERY quick. Am I right?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree. I've downloaded many times on my Droids and never once had it kill my battery just because I used 3G.

OP
D

dmarz45

Reaction score
3G uses a lot more juice than WiFi, yes, but that's a bit excessive.

oh alright maybe I had less than 40% battery remaining and I just didnt realize it... The battery did drain mighty fast tho! It maybe could've been because I was downloading 2 songs at once....

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I doubt it. I have downloaded a rom and a theme directly to my phone one after the other using 3g and I lost maybe 20 - 30%

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I doubt it. I have downloaded a rom and a theme directly to my phone one after the other using 3g and I lost maybe 20 - 30%

That's still a LOT of battery loss. I guess my Droid 1 does have a decent battery.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Granted I was in my house with maybe two bars of service. Even then it was probably closer to 20%

I'm downloading stuff constantly and I never notice any kind of drastic batt loss

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used an app called GTunes to download 3 songs and all of a sudden my battery just instantly drained and the phone shut off.
Maybe the Artists whose music you were downloading fiqured since you weren't paying cash for their songs that you could pay in battery life.....Just Sayin'