Battery still Draining

hondaguy520

Reaction score
i was having problems with my phone overheating up to 127F and draining extremely fast with not even using it. When it was just sitting on a table, sleep, it would get hot and the battery would drain within like 4 hours.

well i tested out some new kernels, i got adamz low voltage, and now it doesnt overheat, but the batter is still draining within 4 hours of no or very little use.

i have petes 2.1v7 w/ adamz low voltage 5slot 250-800 mhz

its set to be ondemand all the time, and 250-400 SLEEP and awake 250-700

what do i do!!!

i have spare parts and i went into battery history and Running is at 94.8% i think theres something wrong because it shouldnt be running, i dont have any apps that need to be running

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i have spare parts and i went into battery history and Running is at 94.8%

is "Running" an app or did you leave out what is running that's using 94.8% of your battery? if you have fixed the problem please post what it was so anyone else searching with your issue can see your fix :D thanks

Edit: ok i see that it's spare parts telling you that. have you gone into your actual droid system settings and looked at what the battery is using in there?

OP
hondaguy520

hondaguy520

Reaction score
yea it was my calendar syncing constantly, i had to disable the sync on just the calendar, but still the sync for my contacts in gmail is saying its currently having problems, i guess ill just wait it out

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just started to have this issue. I used Task Panel to auto kill everything upon sleep or turning off the screen. Also don't use the slide show app (sorry to the dev, I love it but...) So far so good.

jwwatts

Reaction score
For me, it's the new News and Weather app

It leaves a process running called "GenieRefreshService". If I kill that, the battery usage drops and the temperature returns to normal in a few minutes.

Reaction score
I found out about this app called "Advance Task Killer" (It's free). You can open the add, and it will show you all the apps or programs that are running continuously, even when you think you aren't. If you just click on the "KILL Selected apps, it will shut down all the "browsing" on the phone, and it will save a lot of time on your battery.