Mysterious Battery Drain...

ChaotiWolf

Reaction score
So today my battery plummeted 30% while it was asleep in my pocket (in less than 2 hours). I checked the battery usage stats and they were significantly less than what they were for a 10% drop. In short, I have no idea what caused my battery to drop that much, not to mention that it was running pretty hot (low 40s Celsius). The only connection I can make is that the area I was has extremely poor signal, so my 3G and network signal was constantly dropping and reconnecting (not sure if that causes battery drain).

Further info:
SetCPU profiles
CPU temp > 50
400 Mhz 250 Mhz
Screen off
400 Mhz 250 Mhz
Charging
550 Mhz 250 Mhz
Temp > 50
550 Mhz 250 Mhz

Normal usage: 600 Mhz 250 Mhz

Also, I reset my battery stats 3-4 days ago. Any info on what might have happened would be appreciated.

altimax98

Reaction score
I have the same problems with my D1.

Sent from one of those missing Droids

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i had this happen to me twice when i had my original droid. all i did was restart my phone and everything seemed fine.

geoff5093

Reaction score
+1 for poor signal decreasing battery life. Over the summer I worked at a high school which has very little to no service throughout the building, I bring my D1 fully charged at 8AM and by noon the battery is 20-30%, even if I never used it.

hemidroid

Reaction score
Same here, battery drains itself when not in use since the latest update a few days back. My battery will drain completely in about 3-4 hours, mostly standing idle.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can get almost 24 hrs when connected to wifi the whole time at home.

when out and about while not connected to wifi it will drop to 12hrs of use...