Mobile Recovery App, draining battery?

zfly9

Reaction score
So I've had this for a couple weeks and since then my batter drains in hours. It could be fully charged at night and be in red when I wake up.

I've set the GPS to refresh every hour but that didn't help much.

I know I can change it to stop after a certain battery percentage, but is there any other fix?

Is everyone else experiencing this?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're using the Verizon App?

I'm unfamiliar with how that app works, but it sounds like something's wrong. A properly functioning mobile recovery app only accesses and enables GPS when you tell it to track your phone.

OP
Z

zfly9

Reaction score
You're using the Verizon App?

I'm unfamiliar with how that app works, but it sounds like something's wrong. A properly functioning mobile recovery app only accesses and enables GPS when you tell it to track your phone.

It's a somewhat newer app from Asurion that's not in the market.

It updates your GPS every 15, 30, 60 mins or so just incase you lose your phone, you can log on and track it, wipe it, ring it, lock it, etc..

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
That would be why your battery is dying. GPS is a batery killer.

The apps we're all familiar with (Mobile Defense, WaveSecure) only enable the GPS when we tell it to from a remote site. What good is a GPS fix on your phone if it's an hour old?

How much is the app?

OP
Z

zfly9

Reaction score
It's free with the total care plan from Asurion..

Anyone have the program with the same issues??

dschulman

Reaction score
Mobile Recovery draining battery on Moto Droid

I'm suddenly having the same problem. I've had Mobile Recovery since it first became available. But in the last week or so, I've notice the battery is suddenly being drained much faster than usual. When I went to check battery usage, the graph reported that Mobile Recovery had been responsible for 25% of the battery's consumption. For now I've disabled the GPS altogether to see if that helps. But certainly, something is wrong with the program.