Getting SO frustrated with Drops

ITguy4

Reaction score
This is not one of those "I hate MY RAZR" or "I am returning my RAZR" threads. I do LOVE my RAZR, but I have to vent that it is almost impossible to leave my house without some sort of loss of all data where I am unable to get either 4G or 3G data for anywhere from a few minutes to longer periods of time. I live in the heart of the Pittsburgh area where 4G is strong and I rarely go beyond a 10 mile radius of my house. I have a constant and strong 4G signal at my house (where I generally use WIFI anyhow), but I have been left stranded without ANY data so many times this week when I am away from home and when I most need it.

OK. I feel a little better now. I am patiently waiting for them to stabilize things.

Vent away. I am about to return this for an iPhone. It's an absolute joke to pay $300 for a phone and not have data. My old blackberry always had data and the razr fails. My wifes OG has data but not the great razr.
Their 4g map is an out right lie. I can't even consistently get 3G let alone 4.

Ok, I thought that would make me feel better but not much. Still with a phone with no data connection.

I am in Pgh, and mine has stabilized recently, luckily! But it has been a frustrating month! Hopefully it will continue to improve...

Guys thanks for this thread. Because I was half way to the store to return my nexus. It seems like vzw really needs to get there stuff together.

This is such a strange deal. Each phone model has both good and bad examples. It's literally a crap shoot when you walk in to a store and pick up a phone. I just cant imagine what the variables are??

Is this likely a problem with Verizon? Or with the Razr? I've been having issues too with data drops and even a handful of deadzones for voice, though that's less of an issue.

I've had the phone now for a couple months and I want to like it.......

Im having pretty good luck toggling airplane mode. If I get a drop that isnt corrected quickly, I use my airplane widget and it seems to help. Hopefully a better fix is coming soon

What does airplane mode do, and why would it help?
Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

VZW had 4g troubles last month. They had three nation-wide blackouts in as many weeks. I was thinking that the cells in my area sucked but it was wide spread.

Perhaps they're still having troubles in certain areas?

VZW had 4g troubles last month. They had three nation-wide blackouts in as many weeks. I was thinking that the cells in my area sucked but it was wide spread.

Perhaps they're still having troubles in certain areas?

I'm assuming its regional areas that are having 4G droppage/issues...I'm in the southeast, namely South Carolina and I haven't had any issues with 4G, it stays constantly on 3 bars in my apartment and 5 bars when I'm out and about, and solid 5 bars when I'm on 3G whether indoors or outdoors

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

I'm assuming its regional areas that are having 4G droppage/issues...I'm in the southeast, namely South Carolina and I haven't had any issues with 4G, it stays constantly on 3 bars in my apartment and 5 bars when I'm out and about, and solid 5 bars when I'm on 3G whether indoors or outdoors

http://m.bgr.com/2011/12/28/verizon-4g-lte-suffering-nationwide-outage-for-third-time-this-month/

Oh I understand that I was just saying I haven't experienced at outage issues. I just don't know where a lot of people saying its a nationwide issue when I last read a week or so ago it was parts of regions that were having issues. Oh I didn't take offense or anything just lost where people are saying "nationwide" issues.

Its not any phone its is Verizon.and they need to get it fixed all these new phones are having data problems. By the way I'm also from the Pittsburgh area.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Back