New to VZW - RAZR still dropping 4g 12/31...

rastaman

Reaction score
I went in to VZW and told them I was having trouble with my phone (data issues). They acted like they didn't know anything. I don't seem to get all of my emails (I use ATT email at my house). Sometimes they don't come in and don't come in, even though I get them on my computer. This Razr is cool, but with the not data connection, emails come and emails don't come. I wish the fix would come down before I get fed up.

Kimo91

Reaction score
How do you get a new sim card?

Go to your nearest Verizon store and they'll replace it for free...all they gotta do I'd activate the new sim card that's about it. I had to replace my SIM card at the 14 day mark cause I was having issues connecting with my wifi and magically it worked.

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
If a new SIM card doesn't help, and you've done the update that was recently released, try a factory reset. Like I said, mine is running much better.

ddfuji

Reaction score
I get 4g coverage in my area but I just keep it on 3g only. Saves battery and I'm usually not in a hurry to view anything. If km in a hurry o gonna be browsing for a while or don't give a crap about my battery life I turn on the 4g. I do have these data issues in areas were 4g is weak. The switching back and forth between 4g 3g really screws up my data. So I just turn off 4g till I know I'm in a area were I get beats 4g coverage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

713King

Reaction score
id say switch phones! get the HTC REZOUND, has better signal from what people are saying on the forums... and it's a good built phone

OP
C

chrisf8657

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys!

However, I just am having a hard time coming to terms with keeping the phone w/a 2 year commitment and the problems going on with it dropping the data connection from 4g, nothing, then 3g, then 4g again, 3g, or nothing...it's a F'ing major PITA...for the last 48 hours it was constant drops from 4G to nothing, then 3G to nothing, then it went back to here-and-there....same sh1t as usual...

They have had their LTE network in operation for over a year. I feel that is more than enough time to work out bugs and problems.
What I really wonder if the network engineers and the higher-ups REALLY know of these specific problems. That would make me happy if I could get an answer from a higher up.

I know I seem biased toward Verizon and seem to like AT&T, but my fathers older 1X (before EVDO) cellphone gets better signal than I do for Voice on AT&T iPhone 3GS - that's why I really want to like Verizon and be with them -- but Voice and ESPECIALLY Data are important to me - but with all these data drops - 4G and 3G combined - I dunno....

If someone can give me some VERY good reasons to stick around (outside of Verizon's 3G is faster than AT&T - i can't use Data on a call though)...

Last edited:

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
Verizon's 3G isn't faster than AT&T's 3G. But that isn't the issue here. Does your phone have the latest software update??

OP
C

chrisf8657

Reaction score
Verizon's 3G isn't faster than AT&T's 3G. But that isn't the issue here. Does your phone have the latest software update??

YES. Sorry to be an a-hole, but if you read my original post your would have seen I had the latest OTA update. :)
I hate to disagree, but 3/4 of the time Verizon seems to be faster than AT&T in both D/U. Rarely is AT&T faster on my 3GS.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
I can get speeds of over 6Mbps on my 4S. Rarely can I get 2 on my RAZR....but anyway, have you done a factory reset since you updated.

gportnoy

Reaction score
I have the latest OTA and also have done a factory reset since getting it on Verizon's recommendation while troubleshooting a different issue. I still have the random data drops as the original poster. Sitting on the couch in my house I've seen my phone go from 4G to just 5 gray bars/towers and struggle for 2-3 minutes while trying to get a data connection again. Then it goes to 3G, then to 4G and stays there for some random period of time again. This is the same issue everyone has been talking about. I love the phone so I'll wait for them to fix this issue with an update. In the meantime, I just have a widget button to toggle airplane mode which seems to restore 4G much faster than waiting for the phone to find it on its own if I am in a hurry.