getting my maxx today

Reaction score
I should be getting my maxx today:icon_ lala:. I have read you should 1st plug it in and charge it till 100% befor starting it . let it get down to 15% then shut it off and recharge to 100% again. Do I really have to do this 1st or is it just to calibrate the battery meter. Will the battery be afected in any way if I play with it out of the box. Waiting 5 more hrs to play with my new phone will suck.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Its a good question because I imagine almost EVERY Maxx being purchased at Verizon stores are getting turned on right out of the box and used for set-up and file transfer before the person leaves with just that phone to use on the way home until it gets charged that night despite what is supposed to be done.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I should be getting my maxx today:icon_ lala:. I have read you should 1st plug it in and charge it till 100% befor starting it . let it get down to 15% then shut it off and recharge to 100% again. Do I really have to do this 1st or is it just to calibrate the battery meter. Will the battery be afected in any way if I play with it out of the box. Waiting 5 more hrs to play with my new phone will suck.

No, as long as you perform the meter training within the next day or so. IMPORTANT! DO NOT let the phone get near 0% while "playing with it" at this point, as the meter will be fairly inaccurate and you could cause the battery to drop to a level so low it's too low to charge, creating a "White Light of Death" situation. I suggest that since you are going to be a kid in a candy shop, that you keep the charger handy and when the meter reaches 10%, you cut it off and do the training then.

Good luck! :biggrin:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Its a good question because I imagine almost EVERY Maxx being purchased at Verizon stores are getting turned on right out of the box and used for set-up and file transfer before the person leaves with just that phone to use on the way home until it gets charged that night despite what is supposed to be done.

SO TRUE!!! Thank you for making that observation which is so obvious that almost everyone chooses to ignore! :biggrin: It says right in the manual to Charge to 100% with Power off BEFORE powering and activating the phone. Yet of course, who reads the manual anyway? :blink:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
so true!!! Thank you for making that observation which is so obvious that almost everyone chooses to ignore! :biggrin: It says right in the manual to charge to 100% with power off before powering and activating the phone. Yet of course, who reads the manual anyway? :blink:

+1

droid razr maxximized!!!! Xparent blue!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
what if i just playwith it pluged in?

Then you are not really charging it, all you are doing is making up for the juice you are using playing with it so it will stay around the same level of charge. Resist the urge and let that puppy charge up to 100% before powering on the phone and playing with it, good things do come to those who wait :)

OP
F
Reaction score
:angry: sure spoil my fun sydman :) ill wait the 5hrs then. I guess thats when i have to read the manual

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
:angry: sure spoil my fun sydman :) ill wait the 5hrs then. I guess thats when i have to read the manual

Trust me you will be glad you did it, should not take five hours either I think mine was right around 2ish. Manual is a good option to pass time, I started writing down ideas of all the things me and my phone are going to do together.

Go on picnic
Hold hands in the movies
Braid my beard hair together
Long walks on the beach (keeping the sand out of our crevices for sure)
Pillow talk, I lay my phone on the pillow next to me and talk to it softly
I could go on but really the possibilities are endless

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
what if i just playwith it pluged in?

Hmmm, I wish I had a nickel for everytime....nevermind. Anticipation is a wonderful part of Life, delay the gratification and the fruit WILL taste sweeter.
Reward yourself by doing it absolutely letter perfect and you will know that about your phone and more.
Now where is that pesky grasshopper:biggrin:

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think pretty much anywhere you go, the phone is going to get activated right away. 99% of people want their phone up and running right away, and 99% of dealers don't have any clue about the charging. I know I didn't until I started reading FoxKat's posts a few weeks ago. Now I make sure to tell every customer about it (because I see SO many people come back complaining about battery life issues).

FoxKat, speaking of, can you give me simple wording to tell customers about WHY they should follow this charging procedure? I understand it, but I can't explain it to my customers to where they understand it. Also, can you explain why we should use the Task Manager option instead of something like Advanced Task Killer? TIA!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
ford7379trucks said:

Sydman said:
Trust me you will be glad you did it, should not take five hours either I think mine was right around 2ish. Manual is a good option to pass time, I started writing down ideas of all the things me and my phone are going to do together.

Go on picnic
Hold hands in the movies
Braid my beard hair together
Long walks on the beach (keeping the sand out of our crevices for sure)
Pillow talk, I lay my phone on the pillow next to me and talk to it softly
I could go on but really the possibilities are endless

You two are hysterical! You will be my droid forum laugh of the day. I literally laughed out loud!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Just a bit of advice...the phone will charge much faster if you sit and stare at it and check the charging status at least every 3 minutes.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Just a bit of advice...the phone will charge much faster if you sit and stare at it and check the charging status at least every 3 minutes.

Lmao, yeah that's right :what:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

KyleQ

Reaction score
I'm getting mine tomorrow morning at work - tonight I've got to dump everything off my phone in prep.