94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You guys will enjoy them. I love both of mine :) and my wife loves hers too

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

GSdub510

Reaction score
I've had the phone for a week and had no idea about this technique... too late for that!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've had the phone for a week and had no idea about this technique... too late for that!

Never too late. Do it when you can. It'll help.. it saved my first maxx from being sent back in. I still have that device, and another one to boot lol

GSdub510

Reaction score
So what do I do exactly? Wait until it's 25 percent charged then fully charge it. Sorry but I didn't understand completely

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
God bless helpful Guys like on this Forum. I Mod a Forum as well and Mods that help are way cooler than just "spankers".....
The battery question, as we all know many many of us were sent home with phones "turned on" at the store and used until we either read the book OR read here that we should not have been "turned on".
Now, is this cycling referred to as "meter training" a fix for the initial mistake?
In my case as an example, I charged my phone last night (Off) turned it on at 0900hrs. this morning. Have done nothing on the phone today and I am down to 50% and its only 1650hrs. (4:50p.m.) that's less than 8hrs. of just sitting and half the charge is gone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So what do I do exactly? Wait until it's 25 percent charged then fully charge it. Sorry but I didn't understand completely

Power off, charge to 100%, use to 15%, repeat the process.

OP
F
Reaction score
well i wont be getting my phone today. the lazy poopy head fedex driver decided to take it back to the facility. he probably ran it over wile he was throwing it around.

Last edited by a moderator:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
God bless helpful Guys like on this Forum. I Mod a Forum as well and Mods that help are way cooler than just "spankers".....
The battery question, as we all know many many of us were sent home with phones "turned on" at the store and used until we either read the book OR read here that we should not have been "turned on".
Now, is this cycling referred to as "meter training" a fix for the initial mistake?
In my case as an example, I charged my phone last night (Off) turned it on at 0900hrs. this morning. Have done nothing on the phone today and I am down to 50% and its only 1650hrs. (4:50p.m.) that's less than 8hrs. of just sitting and half the charge is gone.

Yes this is calibrating the meter :)

No its not correcting a mistake, just helping to calibrate the battery meter on the top of the phone, so that it shows a closer approximation of how much juice is left in the device. It VERY important for this device because of the non removable battery.

Here's a scenario, say the meter isn't calibrated and shows 50% and there's only really 20%, so you don't plug in the device, and it drains that 20% off while you sleep, and in the morning you wake up to a dead phone. No biggy if you could just plug it in and it would charge and go..

BUT these devices have a safety of sorts. If they die to far down, they won't turn back on, or charge without a factory cable. And with no interchangeable battery.. its bad juju.

A question for you, are you using smart actions and task manager? You should, your battery life will jump through the roof if you do.

In smart actions, go into examples, select battery saver. I deleted the location, turn off GPS, and motion. So when the screen is off, the device kills background data sync. Helps a lot

As for task manager, I put all of my apps into auto kill, that way 2 mins after the screen times out, all of my apps are killed. You have to experiment and see what works for you :)

OP
F
Reaction score
by factory cable do you mean a cable only verizon has or the cable that comes with the phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
by factory cable do you mean a cable only verizon has or the cable that comes with the phone.

I mean a very specific type of cable that will bypass the charging circuits of the device and charge the battery. They're used in the manufacturing of the devices by the factory. You can Google Motorola razr maxx factory cable and see what pops up. :)

OP
F
Reaction score
that sucks. I would think they would make a update to power the phone off befor it got to low

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
that sucks. I would think they would make a update to power the phone off befor it got to low

That's true, and I think they probably will. But that's just it, the device does power off at a certain voltage, but due to normal drop in the battery, you can kill the battery down to a point that it won't power back on.

So never EVER kill this battery :) turn it off first.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
In the droid discussion forum, there is an entire sub forum dedicated to smartphone battery tips and tricks and advice...

GSdub510

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Power off, charge to 100%, use to 15%, repeat the process.

Thank you, sir. And you recommend I do this for how long?