Getting back to default GB theme

seanubis

Reaction score
So, I'm thinking about trying some of the great themes I'm seeing here, but before I try one, I'd like to know: how do I get back to GummyJar's default Gingerbread theme after flashing a different theme?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

B-RAN

Reaction score
So, I'm thinking about trying some of the great themes I'm seeing here, but before I try one, I'd like to know: how do I get back to GummyJar's default Gingerbread theme after flashing a different theme?

There may be an easier way, but I always just re flash the ROM. No need to wipe data when doing this.

OP
seanubis

seanubis

Reaction score
There may be an easier way, but I always just re flash the ROM. No need to wipe data when doing this.

Well, that sounds promising. I thought re-flashing would work but I wasn't sure about losing my data.

But - wouldn't that leave pieces of the prior theme laying around on the phone?

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have had some issues with themes and mods and through my issolation process I have re-flashed the original download without a wipe and my issue stops.

So re-flahing without a wipe is ok. I have gone back and forth many many times with no ill effects.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Well, that sounds promising. I thought re-flashing would work but I wasn't sure about losing my data.

But - wouldn't that leave pieces of the prior theme laying around on the phone?

Flashing the ROM replaces everything in /system.

Shouldn't be any remnants of a theme left.