How to add BLUR APKS back to GummyJar?

dvader

Reaction score
those apks don't install that way.
you have to use root explorer and copy them into the system/app folder and set the permissions correctly.

nmodlin

Reaction score
What should be the permissions settings. tried some different combo's but it still didn't work. On vvm.apk. Now say if I wanted to do this with blurphone.apk should I change phone.apk. phone.bak and then paste bluphoneapk in there and install.

dvader

Reaction score
What should be the permissions settings. tried some different combo's but it still didn't work. On vvm.apk. Now say if I wanted to do this with blurphone.apk should I change phone.apk. phone.bak and then paste bluphoneapk in there and install.

rw-r--r-- (same as all others)

yes to your other question, but you don't have to "install"
copying it in there, setting permissions and rebooting is installing.
so don't try to run it from there or anything.

however, make sure you have all files needed, idk if you need more with blurphone or not.. just saying some apks. have <blah blah services.apk> that need to go with them in order to work.
same thing with those.. set the same perms. and reboot
should be good to go

nmodlin

Reaction score
Well i Took blurphone.apk and renamed it Phone.apk) and then used root explrer replace the one listed in system/app that didnt work. hopefully the next version of gummy jar will put it back in

ArmyRanger251

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any other roms, besides Apex, that the APKs can be taken off of and used on the GummyJar rom?

Is there deoxed version of stock 2.2.1 out there? Or if someone could explain how to take a an apk from the stock rom and deoxed it to work on GummyJar? Any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

To answer your question it is possible to add the blur apks back to certain roms like apex it doesn't look like its possible with gj as the blur-res.apk has been removed from framework and that contains alot of stuff blur needs to work I know for a fact the message widget uses blur-res.apk for alot of its pieces to function but some of the other widgets may work but it will be hit and miss, one may work and another may not

Edit: did some more looking and there are also several .jar files that would need to be put back in order for it to work also

And im not even sure if gj new framework base would even be compatible with the blur files

Paladin

Reaction score
Thanks for the substantive answer, ranger. Most detail we have gotten yet.

ArmyRanger251

Reaction score
Thanks for the substantive answer, ranger. Most detail we have gotten yet.

Just realize im not saying it will or will not work but it would take alot to get all the required files back into play and then even if you do it still may not work due to his new framework its basically a shot in the dark and the only way to find out is for someone to attempt it

The reason its so easy with apex is its called a blurless rom but honestly the only thing that is missing out of it is the blur apps all of the blur .jars and the blur.res.apk is still in his framework folder so all the he did was remove the blur apps from the app folder so the .jar files and blur.res couldn't find them