Getting a Droid X soon, Best worth-it apps/ tricks???

Reaction score
I'm getting a droid x soon, and i want to be able to hit the ground running with the best apps and features. Please give me your opinions on the best few (preferably free) apps on the android market that someone might not think of right away, such as the HTC homescreen on your DX. Any tips are appreciated. Thanks!

dancedroid>:iphone: & :blackberry:
:icon_ banana:>for the win.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I always digest home screen replacements like launcher pro or adw. Also handcent sms, best way to text imo.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Ringdroid- for making your own ringtones.

Timeriffic- for scheduling when you sound goes up/down

LauncherPro is an awesome homescreen replacement apparently.

I'm trying to get used to WhoIsIt Beta for changing ringtones per person for false, texts and emails.

If you decide to root, JRummy's X overclock apparently and Root Tools are awesome.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab

steveomac

Reaction score
The JRummy overclock works great if you wanna overclock, but I'd hold out on rooting your phone right away, wait for the 2.2.1 OTA comes out then go nuts on rooting and all that stuff.

I just got done putting mine back to stock, running stock is great for me, no problems, I'd like to get rid of the bloatware and stuff but I can manage fine with it being on there.

as for apps, basicly everything is better on it, app wise and with a screen this big and with the ability to over clock it to 1.45ghz (tho its already fast as hell at 1ghz) theres no problem with speed.

Bro KV

Reaction score
I always digest home screen replacements like launcher pro or adw. Also handcent sms, best way to text imo.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

+1 and Smart Keyboard and Pocket Informant