Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Does anybody know what that symbol is that's circled? Sorry about the pic the app I used to be able to circle it wouldn't just let me circle it had to make the pic all funky.

It means that your location is enabled for emergency (911) services. That's something you can't turn off in the stock settings (outside of running in airplane mode). If you turn on any of the other location services (VZW, Standalone, or Google), there will be three little waves coming from the right side of that icon.

Last edited:

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
bsweetness said:
It means that your location is enabled for emergency (911) services. That's something you can't turn off in the stock settings (outside of running in airplane mode. If you turn on any of the other location services (VZW, Standalone, or Google), there will be three little waves coming from the right side of that icon.

Oh thanks well that sucks dont like it there lol but at least I now know what it is thanks again.

delcopa

Reaction score
Does anybody know what that symbol is that's circled? Sorry about the pic the app I used to be able to circle it wouldn't just let me circle it had to make the pic all funky.

Think that is the symbol for when the gps is locating you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
after playing around with this beast for a few hours, I must say that the size is not an issue, it's an advantage. This thing is so smooth, and the s pen works better than I thought it would. I cannot wait to show everyone this beast. Now I just have to figure everything out.

Question, can I use my old phone as a wi-fi only internet device?

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
If it used a sim just dont do a reset then u wont be able to otherwise yep going to use my razr maxx that way

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Think that is the symbol for when the gps is locating you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It just means that location is on for emergency use, not that the GPS is actually running. When the GPS is searching for a lock, there will be a blinking crosshair icon on the far left side of the notification bar. Once it has a lock, the crosshair icon on the far left will stop blinking and remain static.

Last edited:

damianh

Reaction score
Hi all! Got my note 2 this afternoon! I love it! I was Droid Bionic user but I decided to make a change. I am so glad I did! This phone really exceeded my expectations! So long Motorola and the late upgrades! Out with the old and in with the new!

jseah

Reaction score
I was going to purchase this from Amazon since I have about $500 in Amazon gift certificates accumulated that would help offset the full retail cost, but Amazon's site says the grey won't be available for two weeks and the white is unavailable for an undetermined amount of time. Guess I will stop by the Verizon store sometime tomorrow to pick one up. The case and screen protectors that I ordered from Amazon won't arrive until the beginning of next week anyways.

damianh

Reaction score
You wont be disappointed. I ended up getting a case and universal mount at the Verizon store, just to be safe! I heard that someone dropped theirs today without any protection or insurance.

Super S Note 2 Caper

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Mine did not come with a Sd card and my Verizon only carries Class 4. I know you can pick up a 32 Gb class 10 ultra for 24.00 on Amazon and a 64 Gb for around 50.00