Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

Reaction score
I went through this bs when I tried to buy the Nexus at full price. Except their excuse to not sell to me was they were only selling them on contract on launch day and not any at full retail. I even asked to speak to the manager and she wouldn't sell it. That's one of the reasons I preordered the GN2 this time around.....I don't even want to mess those clowns in the store.

Was this a Verizon Phone Center Store (company owned), or a Verizon Authorized Dealer (i.e. franchise)...they are sometimes hard to tell apart (see Authorized Agent stores immediately below).

View attachment 58535View attachment 58536View attachment 58537

If they are NOT a Verizon Wireless Phone Center Store (like those below), they can make their own rules about whether to sell you a phone at retail or require it to be activated (thereby earning a commission). See below for Phone Center Stores;

View attachment 58538View attachment 58539

I checked the Amherst St., Nashua, NH location and there was a message from "the owner", "From the owner: “Visit the Verizon Wireless store in Nashua for the latest cell phones, plans, iPhones, and cell phone accessories. Verizon Wireless has the nation's largest 4G LTE network.”

This looks like it could be a privately owned "Authorized Agent" franchise. I ONLY deal with Verizon owned Phone Center Stores.

My story above happened at an official Verizon store..not an authorizEd retailer.

rumblee1

Reaction score
Yes corporate owned. Rep at corporate was bull. I told her I went into a us cellular store to look around and was treated like a king and I'd never been in a us cellular store before. No wonder they have a high rating in customer service. Any of you know how good us cellular is? Do they have national coverage? I'm so upset at Verizon, i'm seriously thinking of jumping ship. I started with Bell Atlantic, then nynex, and now Verizon. I have 4 lines, and they treat me like dirt. I'm waiting to hear from a supervisor at customer service. I'll probably never get a call.

Last edited:

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Got mine pre ordered get it Tuesday I hope paid full price didn't want to loose my unlimited data. Looking forward to the split screen feature will be nice Tuesday just isn't getting here fast enough

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My story above happened at an official Verizon store..not an authorizEd retailer.

Yes corporate owned. Rep at corporate was bull. I told her I went into a us cellular store to look around and was treated like a king and I'd never been in a us cellular store before. No wonder they have a high rating in customer service. Any of you know how good us cellular is? Do they have national coverage? I'm so upset at Verizon, i'm seriously thinking of jumping ship. I started with Bell Atlantic, then nynex, and now Verizon. I have 4 lines, and they treat me like dirt. I'm waiting to hear from a supervisor at customer service. I'll probably never get a call.

That's when I get on my cell phone at the store and call Verizon Customer Service at 1-800-922-0204 and tell them you are at a store that won't sell the phone to you retail. They'll fix that problem on the spot.

Reaction score
Got mine pre ordered get it Tuesday I hope paid full price didn't want to loose my unlimited data. Looking forward to the split screen feature will be nice Tuesday just isn't getting here fast enough

How do you know you are getting it by Tuesday? Just curious.....

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
How do you know you are getting it by Tuesday? Just curious.....

sharkattack99 probably means by Thursday. If they ship out Tuesday (the 27th), most people will get them Thursday (the 29th and the rumored official release day) with the free two day shipping. Some will get them Wednesday if they paid for overnight shipping.

The only way it would arrive Tuesday is if it's already shipped.

Last edited:

FlyByNight

Reaction score
Just ordered mine. the e-mail I got says "Ship By: 11/24/2012"

weird

It appears on the latest round of pre-orders, the shipping date in the email is wrong. Later on when you check the pre-order status, it will either say the 27th or there will no date at all. It seems like Verizon can't get their various systems to talk to each other.

Ellectronico

Reaction score
It appears on the latest round of pre-orders, the shipping date in the email is wrong. Later on when you check the pre-order status, it will either say the 27th or there will no date at all. It seems like Verizon can't get their various systems to talk to each other.

figured it was something like that

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I was told the release date is the 27th I paid for next day shipping in theory ship it Monday I get it Tuesday I could be wrong though knowing Verizon it will be Wednesday just to be different everbody else releases on Tuesdays but most likely not Verizon lol. I hope its Tuesday.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I was told the release date is the 27th I paid for next day shipping in theory ship it Monday I get it Tuesday I could be wrong though knowing Verizon it will be Wednesday just to be different everbody else releases on Tuesdays but most likely not Verizon lol. I hope its Tuesday.

Verizon usually releases new phones on Thursdays (not Tuesdays), which is why all indications have pointed to a release for the Note 2 on the 29th. Pre-orders often ship out a day or two before the actual release date (which matches up with Verizon's ship by date of the 27th for the Note 2). If that holds true, with overnight shipping, you'll probably get the phone on Wednesday.

evereddie

Reaction score
Amazon Mobile for Note 2?

I'm on Verizon but I bought my last smart phone, Thunderbolt, from Amazon Mobile store. Great price and super customer support. I don't see the Note 2 on their site yet. Anyone know if it's coming to Amazon?